If you are craving pizza but can’t have all the carbs, then this Almond Flour Pizza Crust is right up your alley! Now you can enjoy easy homemade pizza that is low carb, oh and did I mention that it’s dairy-free as well?
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the almond flour, baking powder, spices, and xanthan gum. Stir together.
- Add the eggs, olive oil, and mix the dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the keto pizza dough in between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle or rectangle. The thinner you roll the crust, the crispier it will get.
- Gently roll the edges of the pizza creating a nice rolled crust. Using a fork poke holes all over the keto pizza crust.
- Transfer the fathead crust to a baking tray, leaving the crust on the bottom piece of parchment paper.
- In the preheated oven, bake for 5 minutes then rotate the tray and bake for another 5 minutes. The crust should be nice and golden brown. Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Add ½ cup of keto pizza sauce to the crust, using a spoon or spatula to spread it.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups shredded whole milk mozzarella all over the pizza.
- Place whatever toppings you choose to use. Precook your toppings otherwise they will not have enough time to cook in the oven.
- Place the pizza back into the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes. (This step isn’t mandatory, but I like the extra little crisp it gives to my low carb pizza)
- Slice using a pizza cutter or a large chef’s knife.
3.4 NET CARBS PER SERVING (CRUST ONLY)
Chilling the dough for 30 minutes will make it easier to work with.
Makes 1 – 12” pizza crust or 2 personal size pizzas.
For a Nut-Free Option: Replace the almond flour with ¼ cup of coconut flour and use 4 eggs instead of 2.
To Reheat: Place it in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 300 degrees, or you can place it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Frozen pizza slices can be reheated at 300 degrees for 5-10 or until hot and crispy.
Storage: Store the almond pizza crust in the fridge either before it’s been baked or after the pizza has been baked. This almond crust pizza will last about 3-4 days in the fridge after it’s been baked.
To Freeze Option 1: Make the dough, form it into a ball, tightly wrap it in plastic wrap, then place it in the freezer. When you are ready to use it, let it thaw out completely then roll out as normal.
To Freeze Option 2: Pre-bake the almond flour crust. Roll out the crust as you would, then bake it per recipe instructions. After it has been baked and is cooled down, wrap it in plastic wrap and foil then place it in the freezer. When ready to use it add the sauce and toppings to the frozen crust and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Almond Flour Pizza Crust, Almond Flour Pizza Dough, Pizza Crust with Almond Flour, Almond Flour Pizza Crust Recipe, Almond Crust Pizza, Best Almond Flour Pizza Crust, Almond Pizza Crust, Almond Flour Pizza Dough Recipe, Low Carb Almond Flour Pizza Crust, Keto Almond Flour Pizza Crust