This Baked Pork Chop recipe is one of our easiest to make, with only a few simple ingredients, and only taking a few minutes from start to finish. They come out tender, juicy and delicious being a recipe that you will make over and over and over again. Just be sure not to overcook them, and just combine them on your plate with your favorite side dish, veggie or salad and your family will be happy.
- 4 pork chops
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- The first step is to dry off the pork chops with a dry paper towel to allow the spices to stick better.
- Take all of your spices and blend them together. Rub them on all sides of the pork chops until they are completely covered.
- Heat your pan to medium high and pour the oil in the pan. When it’s heated, proceed to put the pork chops in the cast iron frying pan and sear them on both top and bottom, about 3 minutes on each side. Just do not burn them….
- Bake them in the same pan, or transfer them into a bigger pan if you have more chops than what would fit in the frying pan.
- Bake them in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Use your meat thermometer to test the temperature, which should be 145 degrees.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool/rest for 10 minutes and serve. Enjoy!!
1.1 NET CARBS PER PORK CHOP
Make sure to start off by making sure that your chops are not too cold, so take them out of the refrigerator 20 minutes ahead of time to warm up a bit.
If you have a cast iron frying pan, then you can sear and bake all in the same pan.
Be sure not to overcook your baked pork chops in the oven by using a thermometer, taking it up to 145 degrees. The chops will continue to cook a little while they are resting.
Resting after oven pork chops are cooked will help your pork chops to remain moist.
Reheating: This is easy to do. Just stick your leftover baked pork chops in the oven at 350 degrees for only about 5-10 minutes which is just enough to heat them up but not dry them out.
Using the microwave for 1-2 minutes with a paper towel over the top will also heat them up.
Storing: Your leftover baked pork chops will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, if wrapped properly.
Freezing: Your oven-roasted pork chops will also freeze well if they are wrapped properly in a plastic container along with a ziploc freezer bag…double protection.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked Pork Chops, Pork Chops in the Oven, Oven Baked Pork Chops, Baked Pork Chop Recipe, Pork Chop Recipe, Pork Chop Recipe in the Oven, How to Cook Pork Chops in the Oven, Bake Pork Chops, Baked Pork Chop Recipe, How to Bake Pork Chops, Oven Pork Chops, Baking Pork Chops, Baked Pork Loin Chops, Oven Roasted Pork Chops, Juicy Baked Pork Chops, Tender Baked Pork Chops, Best Baked Pork Chops, Easy Baked Pork Chops