If you love Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup, then you are going to love this easy homemade Keto broccoli cheddar soup. It’s delicious, low carb and gluten-free and will become your new favorite soup recipe!
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Start by prepping all your veggies. Chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Then chop the onions and celery and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add butter, onions, celery, shredded carrots, black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Now add the chopped broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Once the broccoli has started to change color and has gotten darker, then it’s time to add chicken broth and heavy cream. Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is soft and no longer crunchy.
- Slowly add the shredded cheddar cheese while continuing to stir. Once the cheese has been melted the sprinkle in xanthan gum and stir. Cook for another 10 minutes or so until it’s reached your desired thickness.
- 5 NET CARBS PER SERVING
- For a thicker soup add more xanthan gum, more cheese, or puree it
- To puree the soup, use a blender or immersion blender.
- For fewer calories, replace the heavy cream with half and half or milk, but keep in mind the carbs will go up.
- Variations can be: adding cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon, scallions, chicken, or ham.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe, Cheddar Broccoli Soup Recipe, Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Keto Cheddar Broccoli, Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Low Carb Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, how to make low carb cheddar broccoli soup