Sweet and savory, nutty and crunchy, this delicious Low Carb Butternut Squash recipe has everything you’re looking for! It’s also very easy to make and healthy!
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 6 tbsp softened butter, (divided 4 tbsp and 2 tbsp)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Let your butter soften to room temperature. Chop the walnuts and pecans into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tbsp softened butter, chopped walnuts, pecans, and Swerve brown sugar. Mix all ingredients until well combined. You might find it easier to mix with your hands. Once it’s all mixed, set aside.
- Cut the ends off of the butternut squash. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the squash starting at the top, working your way down to the bottom. After it’s all peeled, cut it into chunks.
- Place butternut squash chunks into a stockpot. Fill the pot with water, covering the squash. Turn the stove onto high and bring water to a boil.
- Let the squash boil until it’s tender and you can poke it with a fork. Once tender, place a colander in the sink and drain the squash.
- Once drained, put back into the stockpot. Add 2 tbsp of butter. Using an electric mixer, mash the butternut squash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mashed squash to a baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the mashed squash. You should have enough of the topping to cover the squash completely.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and it’s bubbling.
6.8 NET CARBS
Follow our Full Guide on How to Peel, Seed and Cut Butternut Squash
You can buy precut butternut squash if you don’t want to buy a whole one and have to peel and cut it.
Roasting your squash is an option as well. Roast it in the oven at 425 degrees with olive oil drizzled on top.
Adding cinnamon, nutmeg, sage, or thyme can be added to your squash.
Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in a sealed container.
This can be prepared ahead of time and then frozen. Wrap the casserole in plastic wrap and then foil. Place in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw it out on the counter and then bake for 30 minutes.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Butternut Squash Casserole, Keto Butternut Squash Casserole, Low Carb Butternut Squash Casserole, Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe, Keto Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe, Sweet Butternut Squash Casserole recipe, Best Butternut Squash Casserole, Easy Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe, Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe, healthy Butternut Squash Casserole