These Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are a delicious, super creamy, low carb, and healthy side dish. With the flavors of roasted garlic added to them, hands down make them the Best Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes you will have.
- 2 large heads cauliflower
- 5 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take 1 head of garlic and cut the top off, then place on a piece of foil. Drizzle olive oil over the head of garlic and wrap it up tightly in the foil. Place in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until garlic is soft.
- While garlic is roasting, start chopping up your cauliflower. Once both heads are chopped, transfer them into the stockpot. Fill the pot with water and sprinkle in some salt.
- Turn stove on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Let cook until cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Once it’s cooked then drain into a colander, then transfer back into the pot.
- Add the butter, cream and salt, and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender start pureeing the cauliflower. Give it a good couple of stirs really mixing it up to make sure it’s mixed well.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper or butter if needed.
- 5 NET CARBS per serving
- Roasting the garlic I find works the best.
- You can add cheddar, parmesan, gouda or asiago cheese.
- To make this vegan, omit the butter and cream. Instead, reserve about ¼ cup of cauliflower cooking liquid to make it creamy.
- Also, you can use almond milk instead of cream
- I prefer to use an immersion blender, but a food processor, electric hand mixer, or hand potato masher will also work.
- If using a hand potato masher, you will get a more rustic and chunkier style.
- If you find that your cauliflower is too watery, then squeeze the excess out using a dish towel.
- You can use fresh or frozen cauliflower as well as “riced” cauliflower too.
- This can be made a few days ahead of time and reheated, but keep in mind once reheated the cauliflower may smell.
- I suggest not freezing it. It’s edible but not good.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe, Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, Keto Mashed Potatoes, Low Carb Mashed Potatoes, Keto Mashed Potatoes Recipe, Best Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, Creamiest Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, How to Make Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes