Cauliflower Pizza Crust is a delicious yet healthy veggie-packed pizza crust! It’s not only gluten-free but also grain-free, and nut-free, making it a great option for people who still want to eat their pizza without the guilt.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To make the Cauliflower Rice –
Food Processor: Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Attach the grater disc to the food processor and feed the cauliflower thru the feed tube. You could also fill the food processor bowl half-way and use the chopper blade and pulse the cauliflower until it turns into rice-sized pieces.
By Hand: Cut the cauliflower into large florets. Using a box grater, grate the florets on the medium or large side in order to get rice-sized kernels.
- Cook the Cauliflower –
Microwave: Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 4 minutes.
Oven: Lay the riced cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Stovetop: Saute the cauliflower rice on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until it’s nice and soft.
- Line a large bowl with cheesecloth. Place the cooked cauliflower in the cheesecloth and let sit for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Once it has cooled down, tighten the cheesecloth and squeeze all of the liquid out. It may take a few minutes to ensure all the liquid comes out.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cauliflower, egg, spices, and cheese. Mix together with a large spoon or your hands. Mold the dough into a ball.
- Line the pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment. This is important because you do NOT want the cauliflower crust to stick to the pan.
- Place the cauliflower dough onto the middle of the pizza pan and using your hands, flatten it out until you have reached the desired size and thickness. Mine was about 11-12 inches.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake the cauliflower crust for 20 minutes or until it’s nice and crispy. Remove from the oven.
- Add ½ cup of keto pizza sauce, and spread all over the crust. Be sure to leave a small gap around the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella, and finish with adding any additional toppings of your choice.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Take out of the oven and cut into equal-sized pieces.
2.5 NET CARBS PER SLICE WITH NO SAUCE OR TOPPINGS.
3.5 NET CARBS PER SLICE WITH KETO SAUCE AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE.
Cauliflower Rice: Use either a food processor or box grater.
You can use pre-made fresh or frozen cauliflower rice.
Cook the cauliflower rice: Microwave, oven, or stovetop.
Let the cauliflower cool for at least 10 minutes, otherwise, you will burn your hands.
MOST IMPORTANT: Use a cheesecloth, tea towel, or dish towel to squeeze out all the liquid from the cauliflower.
Prebake the crust for about 20 minutes before adding sauce or toppings.
Cook all your toppings ahead of time, before adding to the crust.
Cauliflower Pizza Crusts can be made ahead of time. Add toppings when ready to eat.
To Store: Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or foil and keep them in the fridge.
To Freeze: Pre-bake the cauliflower pizza crust, let it cool then wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To Thaw: Pull out of the freezer and let thaw on the counter, or place right in the oven.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Pizza, Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe, Cauliflower Crust, How to Make Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Crust Recipe, Cauliflower Pizza Recipe, Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Healthy Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Pizza Dough, How to Make Cauliflower Crust, Recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Rice Pizza Crust, Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Crispy Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower Dough, Pizza with Cauliflower Crust, Easy Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Homemade Cauliflower Pizza Crust