“Taco Tuesday” can now be “Taco Anyday” with these delicious Keto Cheese Taco Shell recipe. Less than 1 NET Carb for each taco shell and are the perfect shape without all the added carbs!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shred the cheddar cheese using a box grater.
- Using a ¼ cup scoop out the shredded cheese and place them in circles on the baking tray. Use the palm of your hand or the bottom of the measuring cup to flatten the circle out a bit. Make sure to leave enough space in between. I can fit 2-3 per tray.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the edges are starting to brown up.
- While the cheese is in the oven, set up your taco shaping station. Grab 2 glasses and 1 thick-handled spoon or spatula. I recommend setting up 2 stations, it will go quicker.
- Once the timer goes off, grab the tray out of the oven. Let cool for a few seconds, but do not let it sit more than that.
- Using a firm thin spatula and scrape the cheese off the tray and drape it over the spoon handle. Let it cool completely. It should only take about 5 minutes to firm up.
- Once they have been firmed up, place them on a plate or tray while you finish making the rest of the shells.
0.9 NET CARBS PER TACO SHELL
I have used both pre-shredded and fresh cheese that I shredded myself and found that they both work really well. So feel free to use either one. Pre-shredded will save you time.
Instead of just plain cheddar, you can use Mexican Style Blend, Monterey Jack Cheese.
Add spices for some extra flavor – garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes for a kick.
A regular size baking tray should fit about 2-3 shells.
If you have a standard size oven, you should be able to fit 2 baking trays in the oven side by side, in order to make more shells at once.
Make sure to use parchment paper on your baking tray. It will keep the cheese from sticking and will give you an easy cleanup.
Try to make your circles the same size to ensure even cooking.
Setting up multiple glass and spoon stations will help the process move along.
Cooking times will vary depending on your oven. You want the edges to start to get brown and the shell is bubbling.
You want to remove the shells quickly after taking them out of the oven. You don’t want them to sit on the tray and start to harder, otherwise, they won’t reshape into a shell.
I found that using a thin metal spatula to lift the cheese off the tray worked the best. You need something sturdy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Taco Shells, Keto Taco Shells, Cheese Taco Shells, Cheddar Cheese Taco Shells, Keto Cheese Taco Shells, Keto Taco Shells Recipe, Cheese Taco Shells Recipe, Easy Keto Taco Shells, Easy Cheese Taco Shells, Best Cheese Taco Shells, Best Keto Taco Shells, How to Make Keto Taco Shells, How to Make Cheese Taco Shells