This Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole is the perfect combination of shredded chicken, red enchilada sauce, then topped with cheese and baked to perfection. If you are looking for a super easy Mexican dinner to throw together then you’ve come to the right place!
- 16 oz shredded chicken breast (4 cups)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 4 tbsp chopped green chiles
- 1 – 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper. In a small frying pan melt the butter and add the chopped onion and pepper. Sautee for a few minutes until they are soft.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix together.
- Next, add the taco seasoning, green chiles, and sauteed onions and peppers. Stir again.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and stir one more time.
- In a baking dish, add the chicken mixture and spread it out evenly. Pour the red enchilada sauce over the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until it’s melted and bubbling.
5.1 NET CARBS PER SERVING
I prefer using rotisserie chicken and shredding it. But you can cook chicken and then shred it, but it takes extra time and more work for yourself.
Costo has the best deals for large rotisserie chicken at a low price.
You can double the recipe if you are having a larger group for dinner.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours until ready to bake.
To freeze the casserole – prepare the recipe as directed but do not cook. Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Keep in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
When ready to eat, thaw out in the fridge then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe, Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe, Best Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Easy Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole, How to Make Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole