These homemade Keto Chicken Nuggets can be pan-fried or oven-baked and will be a family favorite! Freeze a batch and keep in the freezer for a quick gluten-free or low carb meal for your kids.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins, cut into bit-size pcs
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- oil for frying
- Cut the chicken tenderloins or breasts into bite-sized pieces. Once all the pieces are cut move to a bowl and set aside.
- Get 2 bowls, preferable about the same size. In one bowl add eggs and whisk with a fork. In the second bowl, add the almond flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Mix together.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then transfer to the almond flour.
- Take the coated pieced of chicken and redip it back into the egg, then back into the almond flour, then transfer to a baking tray.
- Repeat dipping the chicken until all the pieces have been double-coated.
- Add olive oil to the pan and turn onto medium-high heat. Once the oil is ready, place in about 5-7 pieces. Be careful not to overcrowd the chicken.
- Cook the nuggets for about 2-4 minutes on each side. Just be careful when flipping over so the coating doesn’t come off. Keep in mind the bigger the nugget the longer it will take to fully cook through, frying times will vary depending on your stove.
- Cook all the nuggets and serve while hot.
1 NET CARB PER NUGGET
Double coating the nuggets will help the coating stay on the chicken during the cooking process.
If baking in the oven, lightly spray the chicken nuggets with cooking spray, it will help to crisp them.
For make-ahead nuggets: Follow the recipe, then let cool. Place in a freezer bag and put it into the freezer for up to a month. When ready to reheat, cook them for about 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
Marinating the chicken in sour cream ahead of time will tenderize the meat. If dairy-free, use full-fat coconut milk instead.
Air-frying: Preheat to 400 degrees, place the chicken nuggets in the air-fryer basket, single layer. Spray the nuggets lightly with a cooking spray. Cook in several batches for about 7 minutes per batch.
Oven-Baked: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Spray nuggets lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 6-8 minutes, flip over and cook for another 6-8 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-8 minutes per batch
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Chicken Nuggets, Low Carb Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Chicken Nuggets, How to Make Chicken Nuggets, How to Make Keto Chicken Nuggets, Keto Chicken Nuggets Recipe, Low Carb Chicken Nuggets Recipe, Best Keto Chicken Nuggets, Easy Keto Chicken Nuggets, Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets, Homemade Keto Chicken Nuggets