This is an amazing and delicious Low Carb Green Bean Casserole with bacon, transformed from an old family recipe.
- 4 cans French Style String Beans
- 1 8oz can of Mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 1 5oz can of Water Chestnuts, sliced
- 4oz jar Pearl Onions
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Tabasco
- 1 stick Butter, ½ cup
- 2 Tsp Coconut Aminos
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Saute sliced onions in butter
- Add Cream to butter mixture
- Next add Tabasco, Coconut Aminos, and spices
- Add Shredded Cheddar and blend until melted
- In the meantime place Green Beans, Jar Onions, Mushrooms and Water Chestnuts in a colander. Drain well so your casserole is not wet
- Place half your veggies in your baking dish and stir in half of your cheese sauce. Blend well. Then add 2nd half of veggies and cheese sauce and blend it all together.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 min or until bubbling
Net Carbs 4.4 Per ½ Cup
Cheddar is the best cheese to use in this recipe. It melts the best and mixes the best. Use orange cheddar for the color it adds to the casserole.
If you want a crunch to your casserole, then add pork rinds. They crunch good and have a good flavor. You can also add crispy bacon. Everyone loves bacon!
You can use fresh green beans but I prefer to use canned french style. I think that’s one of the things that makes this recipe stand out so well, among so many others.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Green Bean Casserole, Low Carb Green Bean Casserole, Green Bean Casserole, Green Bean Casserole recipe, keto Green Bean Casserole recipe