This is a recipe for hard boiled eggs, the perfect, nutritious snack for a variety of diets. Step by step instructions along with helpful hints to help you be successful in making perfect hard-boiled eggs.
We will show you how to cook them and how to peel them. It’s easy to do once you get the hang of it and you can do it over and over again.
- Large Eggs
- Salt (optional)
- Vinegar (optional)
- Take the eggs out of the refrigerator about 10-15 minutes before you are ready to cook them.
- Get a saucepan and fill it halfway with water. Put the pan on the stove on high heat.
- When the water is boiling, gently lower the eggs into the water with a slotted spoon.
- Now set the timer for 10 minutes, and boil.
- When the timer goes off, drain the water and fill the pot with cold water.
- Next crack the eggs in the pan and roll them on the counter to make sure that the entire egg is cracked all over.
- Immediately peel off the shells.
Large eggs are the most common size used but you can use other sizes if you prefer.
Use eggs that are at least 10 days old because if the eggs are farm fresh you will never get the shells off.
Use a slotted spoon and lower the eggs into the boiling water slowly and carefully.
Don’t use cold eggs right out of the refrigerator because they can crack easily. So instead take them out of the refrigerator to warm up for about 10-15 minutes.
If the egg cracks, you can add a little vinegar to the water because it will help to congeal the egg white if it starts to leak out of the shell.
Boil the eggs over medium-high heat, not high heat because it causes cracking if the water is boiling so much that it splashes right out of the pan.
Be sure to use a timer so you don’t overcook them.
If you think you may have trouble peeling off the shells you can add either salt, vinegar, or baking soda to the water. They get under the shells and loosen them up.
0 NET Carbs per Egg
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: hard boiled eggs, how to boil eggs, how to hard boil eggs, boiled eggs, how long to hard boil eggs, perfect hard boiled eggs, perfect boiled eggs, how to make hard boiled eggs, easy peel hard boiled eggs, how to cook hard boiled eggs, best hard boiled eggs, best way to boil eggs, how to make perfect hard boiled eggs, making hard boiled eggs, easy hard boiled eggs