Bacon is one of my favorite things to write about….after all, who doesn’t love bacon! Here is our Complete Guide to How to Cook Bacon in the Oven.
Whether you like it crispy or tender, oven-baked bacon comes out amazing every time!
- 1 pound of Bacon
In this section, we are going to explain to you how to make both tender bacon and crispy bacon in your oven.
- Line your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place your bacon on the sheet, trying not to overlap if possible.
- Cook your bacon at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, without flipping over.
- Once your bacon is done cooking take it off the tray and place it on a dish covered with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Next thing, put a baking rack on top of your baking sheet.
- Place your bacon on the rack, trying not to overlap if possible.
- Bake your bacon at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Once your bacon is completed cooking then place it on a dish covered with paper towels to absorb any excess grease.
0 NET Carbs
Make extra bacon ahead of time and wrap it properly and store it in the refrigerator for a week. Use if for breakfast or for a salad topping…etc.
If you are looking for less clean up then skip the rack step. You will get good results without it.
For less clean up make sure to line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. When the bacon is cooked just throw the liner out. You barely have to wash the sheet. If you don’t line the sheet it will need some scrubbing.
If you like your bacon crispy then cook it on a rack over a baking sheet because by elevating it off the tray it will be crispier because its not sitting in the grease.
If you like your bacon tender then cook it directly on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and it will come out more tender.
Once you get closer to the timer going off begin to check it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to Cook Bacon in the Oven, bacon in the oven, oven bacon, how to bake bacon, how to bake bacon recipe, cooking bacon in the oven, bake bacon, oven baked bacon, oven cooked bacon