This Instant pot chicken thighs recipe is easy-to-make and delicious to-eat which you need to look into because it will become one of your favorites to make and also to eat. You can brown them up and cook them all in one pot. They come out so tender and juicy, and it only takes a few minutes but tastes as you slaved over them for a lot longer.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
Preparing the Chicken:
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Lay your chicken pieces out on a piece of parchment paper or plate and with some paper towels, dry the thighs thoroughly.
Cooking the Chicken:
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot. Press the “saute” function. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and add oil to the insert.
- Add chicken thighs to IP skin side down. Brown for 2-3 minutes. The longer you let it brown and make brown bits on the bottom of the pot, the more flavor the chicken and gravy will have.
- Flip the chicken onto the other side and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the “cancel/off” button. Remove chicken thighs onto a plate and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to the IP and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the insert.
- Place trivet in the IP and arrange the chicken thighs on top, skin side up.
- Close the lid, set the valve to “sealing” position, and press the “pressure cooker” button. Set the timer to 13 minutes. The IP will beep and start coming to pressure. It is already hot, so it won’t take too long.
- Once the cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes. Once 5 minutes has passed, release any remaining pressure by hitting the vent knob from sealed to venting (be sure to do this in an open space and stand back from the Instant Pot.)
- Carefully open the lid away from your face. Place the chicken on a plate and let rest. Remove trivet from the IP.
Making the Gravy
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tbsp cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water. Make sure there are no clumps.
- Add liquid at the bottom of the IP. Stir until thickened.
- Press the “saute” function to simmer it for a few minutes to help thicken the gravy. Serve the IP chicken thighs with gravy.
Be sure to brown up the chicken in the instant pot and reserve the brown bits to be used when making gravy.
Make sure when you let the steam out of the instant pot, do not do it underneath the cabinets.
Also when letting the steam out stand back from it so that you won’t get burned from the hot steam.
When opening up the instant pot be careful of your face.
Instead of making a gravy, you can also keep the liquid without thickening it and use it for soups
1 NET CARB PER SERVING
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Thighs, Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot, Instant Pot Chicken Thigh Recipe, Pressure Cooker Chicken Thighs, Instant Pot Boneless Chicken Thighs, Instant Pot Bone-In Chicken Thighs, How to Cook Chicken Thighs in an Instant Pot, Instapot Chicken Thighs, IP Chicken Thighs, Pressure Cooked Chicken Thighs, Best Instant Pot Chicken Thighs, Easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs