Hard boiled eggs have become a popular food because the calories are low, the carbs are non-existent, they are a good source of protein, and you can eat them in so many ways. They are not just a breakfast food, but they can also be eaten for lunch, dinner, or a snack, and can be served hot or cold.
Cooking eggs in the instant pot is simple, and they come out perfect every time. Just follow the 5-5-5 rule every single time you make them and you will always end up with delicious hard boiled eggs.
- Large Eggs
- 1 cup of Water
- Place the wire rack on the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pour the water into the pot.
- Next, place the eggs on top of the rack, but do not stack them on top of each other, just place them all flat on the rack.
- Place the lid on the pot and lock it in place. Turn the valve to the sealing position. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Naturally, release the steam for 5 minutes. Now open the lid and remove eggs, one at a time into an ice bath., which is a bowl that you have filled with cold water and ice cubes, which will immediately stop the eggs from cooking any further. Cool the eggs for 5 minutes, which will complete the 5-5-5 method.
- Now it’s time to peel the shells off the eggs and serve or store them.
Zero NET Carbs
Do not use farm fresh to make pressure cooker hard boiled eggs, because the shells will stick on the eggs like glue. Instead, use eggs that are at least 10 days old.
Do not take the hot eggs out of the instant pot with your hands. Instead, use a large spoon.
Reheating: Once the eggs are cooked and if there are leftover ones, do not try to heat them up the next day…just eat them cold, by themselves as a snack or sliced up on top of your favorite salad.
Storing: It’s easy to store your leftover instant pot hard boiled eggs, just place them in an air-tight container for as many as 6-7 days.
Freezing: Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well at all, so it’s best just to make the amount that you will eat within a few days. Since they are so easy to make you can cook them anytime that you like.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, Instant Pot Boiled Eggs, Instant Pot Eggs, Hard Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot, Eggs in an Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs, Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot, How to hard Boil Eggs in the Instant Pot, How to Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker Eggs, How to Cook Eggs in the Instant Pot