The Best Keto Banana Muffins with Almond Flour Recipe!! Not only are they low carb, but they also are light, moist, fluffy, and the perfect on the go breakfast treat. Oh, and did I mention there’s a secret ingredient?
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp banana extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp maple extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- The 1st bowl for the dry ingredients – add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, powdered swerve, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined, making sure to get all the lumps out.
- The 2nd bowl for the wet ingredients – crack the eggs into the bowl and whisk. Then add the almond milk, sour cream, melted butter, vanilla, maple extract, and banana extract. Whisk again until combined.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and whisk again.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces. Add the nuts to the batter and stir. Reserve a small of the nuts and set aside for sprinkling on top later.
- Place the liners in a muffin tin, then lightly spray the liners with cooking spray.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin liners. You should get about 16.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Check with a toothpick to ensure they are fully cooked. Let cool on a wire rack to prevent them from getting soggy.
2.1 NET CARBS PER MUFFIN
For taller, and more bakery-style muffins you can add more batter to each one. You should get about 12 muffins instead of 16.
Let the eggs come to room temperature. By doing this it will help the butter from solidifying as it’s mixed.
If you add more coconut flour than our recipe calls for, then you need to add another egg for it to rise properly.
Let the muffins cool on a cooling rack, to prevent them from getting soggy on the bottom. This applies to all our keto muffin recipes.
If you don’t want to use butter, replace it with refined coconut oil.
Sugar-free chocolate chips taste delicious in these gluten-free banana muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Almond Flour Banana Muffins, Keto Banana Muffins, Keto Banana Muffin Recipe, Almond Flour Banana Muffin Recipe, Low Carb Banana Muffins, Low Carb Banana Muffin Recipe, Banana muffins with almond flour, Sugar-Free Banana Muffins, how to make keto banana muffins, healthy banana muffins, low carb banana bread muffins, Gluten-Free Banana Muffins, grain-free banana muffins, Best Almond Flour Banana Muffins, Easy Almond Flour Banana Muffins, Best Keto Banana Muffins, Easy Keto Banana Muffins, Best Low Carb Banana Muffins, Easy Low Carb Banana Muffins, How to Make Banana Muffins with almond flour