This recipe for keto beef stew is an easy to make, delicious and hearty one pot meal. When it’s cold outside it is a warm, hearty meal that satisfies you and fills you up. Just by making a couple of easy, but tasty alterations you can transform it from traditional to low carb beef stew, that your family will love and ask you to make it over and over again.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion
- 14 small radishes
- 1 ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 ½ cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cups beef bone broth, or beef stock
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- Get your cutting board and knife and cut up the meat in cube shaped pieces, in approximately the same size for even cooking.
- Peel your radishes and chop up your veggies.
- Pour the oil into the dutch oven and turn the stove to medium heat. Add the beef and brown it on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan and stick it in a bowl.
- Then begin to add the rest of the ingredients, one by one, first the garlic and all of the veggies and saute them lightly. Add the spices, salt, pepper and thyme. Now add the meat back into the pot.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, vinegar and top it off with the bay leaf.
- Stir, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender. Depending on how big you cut your meat will depend on how long it takes to be tender. 1-2 hours will complete the cooking process.
- If you like your veggies on the soft side then add them at the same time as the meat. If you like them more crunchy then add them halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
5.5 NET CARBS PER SERVING
Make sure to buy a chuck roast and cut it yourself. Try to cut the cubes in approx the same size for more even cooking.
Take your meat out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes ahead of time to bring it to room temperature.
Brown the meat first.
Use the celery leaves which will add a lot of extra flavor. I like to add them to all my soups and stew.
For crunchier veggies then add them after the meat is cooking for a while first.
Storing: Just put any uneaten portion into an airtight plastic container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Reheating: There are 2 quick and easy ways to heat up the low carb beef stew. One way is to put it in a microwave safe container and heat it for 1-2 minutes. The other way is to put some in a saucepan and heat it on medium heat on the stove for about 5 minutes.
Freezing: Keto beef stew freezes very well. Just put it in an airtight plastic container and then into a ziploc bag for double protection. If you wrap it well, it will last for a few months. Freezing it in serving size containers will make it easy for lunch or dinner.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Beef Stew, Keto Stew, Low Carb Beef Stew, Keto Beef Stew Recipe, Low Carb Stew, Keto Beef Soup, Keto Stew Recipe, Beef Stew without Potatoes, Low Carb Beef Stew Recipe, Keto Friendly Beef Stew, Beef Stew