Keto biscuits and gravy are a copy of the southern breakfast without all of the carbs. It is real quick and easy to make, and delicious to eat. Traditionally this is a favorite breakfast and this low carb one will please you well too. It is a nice break from the eggs and bacon breakfast that we all love. Your family will think that you have slaved over the stove for hours when you put it on the table.
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup Butter
- ⅓ cup Paleo Thin Egg White Protein
- 1 pound Sausage, ground
- 2 Tbsp Butter, softened
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper, ground black
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- You want to first of all make buttermilk, by getting a small bowl and mixing the lemon juice in with the heavy cream. Let sit for 5 minutes in order for the lemon juice to sour the cream.
- Add the egg to the cream and whisk it together.
- Now add the dry ingredients one at a time but in no special order. Mix together.
- Take the box grater and grate the frozen butter into the dough, and mix it with your hands but do not overmix. You will see lumps of butter but don’t worry because that is normal.
- Pull out the dough in biscuit size portions and place them on the paper. There is no need to space them far apart because they will not spread much. It’s ok if they touch because it may make them rise a little higher. Lightly flatten the tops of the biscuits.
- Bake them at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes, until golden. Let them sit a few minutes before trying to remove them from the tray. Cool on a wire rack.
- Get your ground sausage and put it in a non-stick frying pan. Over medium low heat cook it, breaking up the meat into small pieces, until there is no pink left in the meat.
- Cut up the butter and cream cheese and add them to the pan with the meat. Continue to heat and stir until everything is well blended.
- Add the broth and the cream, stirring and then add the spices.
- Now add the xanthan gum so it can start to do its thickening job. Blend together.
- When it has reached the thickness that you want, serve it on top of a biscuit. Enjoy!
4.6 NET CARBS PER SERVING
The biscuits come out better when mixed by hand instead of with a mixer.
Do not overmix or the biscuits will be tough.
Don’t forget to freeze your butter and then grate it with a box grater for flakier biscuits.
Refrigerate the dough before baking the biscuits.
Don’t roll the dough, just put them loosely on the parchment paper. It’s ok if they touch because it may make them rise a little higher.
For a browner biscuit, brush the tops with butter before baking.
Reheating: In the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in a saucepan on the stove on low heat so that it does not burn or stick.
Storing: Store the gravy in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Store the biscuits in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Freezing: The biscuits will freeze well as long as you wrap them properly. The gravy will not freeze good, so enjoy it fresh.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Biscuits and Gravy, Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy, Keto Biscuits and Gravy Recipe, Keto Gravy and Biscuits, Keto Sausage Biscuits and Gravy, Best Keto Biscuits and Gravy, Easy Keto Biscuits and Gravy, Best Low Carb Biscuits and Gravy, Low Carb Breakfast, Southern Low Carb Breakfast