This keto cereal recipe is crunchy, and crispy and holds up in your bowl when you pour milk over it. If you like cereal for breakfast, then all hope is not lost for you being on a keto diet. In fact, this is going to be one of your favorite breakfast recipes. Our low carb cereal is so easy to make and a fun project that you can do with your kids. You can make it and store it for up to a month in a tight fitting glass jar, unless you eat it first!!
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- 6 Tbsp refined Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1–2 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 extra Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 extra Tbsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mix together the almond and coconut flours with a large spoon. Now add the melted coconut oil, syrup and vanilla. As you are mixing everything together, form a large ball.
- Take a small portion of dough at a time, roll and form it into a long, thin piece, so that you will be able to make small pieces from it. I like to take a small knife and cut small pieces which make it easier to be able to make small balls. The smaller you cut the pieces, the smaller the cereal pieces will be.
- Once all of the cereal balls are formed then bake them for 10-15 minutes, or until the cereal turns a golden brown. Take the tray out of the oven and let cool.
- If you want to make half of the cereal in chocolate, then take the big ball of dough and cut it in half. Add 1 extra Tbsp cocoa, 1 extra Tbsp each of keto syrup and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Then follow the same instructions for forming the balls.
- Once they are cooled off for 2-3 hours, feel free to eat them and then store the rest in an airtight plastic container or a glass jar with a tight lid.
4.2 NET Carbs per ½ cup
Make sure to cool off your keto cereal thoroughly before storing them in an airtight container or else it will get soft.
If you need to crisp up the cereal more, just stick it back in the oven for another 5 minutes, take it out and cool.
Double the batch and store it in an airtight glass jar and it will last for quite a few weeks. It makes a quick breakfast choice and also a great snack.
Storing: This keto cereal is so easy to store when you have leftovers. In fact, make a double batch and store it in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. It will last for a few weeks.
Reheating: If you need to make your cereal more crunchy, just put it out on a baking sheet and heat it in the oven for 5 minutes.
Freezing: Make your cereal balls ahead of time and freeze them. Then when you take them out, follow the instructions for baking and cooling them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Cereal, Low Carb Cereal, Keto Cereal Recipe, Keto Breakfast Cereal, Keto-Friendly Cereal, Low Carb Cereal Recipe, No Carb Cereal, Keto Cereals, Low Carb Cereals, Best Low Carb Cereal, Keto Breakfast, Keto-Friendly Breakfast