This simple and easy Keto Chicken Casserole is full of delicious chicken, cheese, broccoli and is loaded with flavor. It’s a great meal prep recipe that the entire family will enjoy, including the kids!
- 4 lbs cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups steamed cooked broccoli
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided in half)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- SKIP THIS STEP IF YOU ARE USING ROTISSERIE CHICKEN – Otherwise, place the chicken breasts into a pot, and fill it with water being sure that the chicken breasts will be completely submerged. Turn on to medium heat, cover the pan with a lid and let cook for about 10-15 minutes. The cooking time may be different based on how thick the chicken is. The internal temp of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. Once the chicken is done, remove the pan from the heat and let sit for a few minutes. Cut the cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces, or shred it. Either way works, but I prefer it to be cubed personally.
- Cut the fresh broccoli into florets, place it into a shallow pan with an inch or two of water. Place a lid over the broccoli, turn on to medium heat and set steam. Once steamed, set aside.
- Place the cubed chicken and steamed broccoli florets in a large bowl and mix them together.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the chicken and broccoli, and stir together.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling.
4.2 NET CARBS PER SERVING (1 ½ cups per serving)
Whatever veggies you use be sure to cook them and drain them before adding them to the casserole.
Do not use frozen veggies, they will make the keto chicken bake too watery.
Cauliflower Rice is a great addition.
Crushed pork rinds make a good crunchy topping.
Chicken Options – Poached, Oven-Baked, or Rotisserie.
Protein Options – Chicken, Steak, Pork, Bacon, Shrimp, Tofu
Cheese Options – Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Monterrey Jack, Colby, Feta, or Gouda.
Veggie Options – Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Zucchini, Eggplant, Mushrooms, Brussel Sprouts, Asparagus.
Add a bit more cheddar cheese to make the sauce thicker if need be.
FREEZE UNBAKED – Assemble the entire casserole per instructions in the recipe card, but do not bake it. Place the mixture in a baking dish, cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap, then cover with foil. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
FREEZE BAKED LEFTOVERS – Place it in an airtight container and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
THAWING INSTRUCTIONS: Let your keto casserole with chicken thaw in the fridge, before baking it. If you place an ice-cold glass or ceramic baking dish straight from the freezer to the oven it may crack when reaching the hot temperature. Remove the plastic wrap and foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Chicken Casserole, Low Carb Chicken Casserole, Keto Chicken Bake, Keto Chicken Recipe, Keto Chicken Casserole Recipe, Keto Bake, Keto Cheesy Chicken Casserole, Keto Cheesy Chicken, Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Casserole, Keto Casserole with Chicken, Keto Rotisserie Chicken, Keto Dinner recipe, Keto Chicken, Easy Keto Chicken Casserole, Best Keto Chicken Casserole