This rich and moist Keto Chocolate Cake recipe is made with a combination of almond flour and coconut flour and is very easy to make. Our double-layer chocolate cake is so delicious that no one would believe it’s low carb.
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- ½ powdered monk fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar together, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and a flour sifter. Sift the almond flour, coconut flour, powdered swerve, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- After all the dry ingredients have been sifted, stir it all together.
- Lightly whisk the 4 eggs separately.
- Add the whisked eggs, almond milk, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix everything together until fully combined.
- Line the bottom of 2 round 8” baking pans with parchment paper, then spray with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Poke in the middle of the cake with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then it’s done.
- Pull out of the oven and let fully cool before taking out of the pan.
Keto Chocolate Buttercream Instructions:
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- In a large bowl cream the butter until smooth.
- Add in the powdered monk fruit, vanilla, almond milk. Whip until you have a smooth creamy chocolate buttercream.
- Take the 2 chocolate cakes out of the pans and place one on a large plate or cutting board that you will want to frost it on.
Here are 3 ways to frost your keto chocolate cake:
- Rustic Naked Cake: This style of cake requires the least amount of frosting. Using a frosting or icing spatula spread a portion of the frosting over the top of the cake. Place the next cake on top and add the remaining frosting, once the top is frosted use a bench scraper or icing spatula to scrape the sides of the cake. Naked cakes do not need to be completely frosted on the sides, they just need to lightly covered.
- Fully Frosted Cake: Using a frosting or icing spatula add about ⅓ of the frosting to the bottom cake, and spread it evenly. Place the next cake on top and add another ⅓ of the frosting to the top of the cake. Use the remaining frosting to frost the sides of the cake. Spread evenly over the entire cake.
- Piped Cake: This requires the most amount of frosting. I recommend doubling the frosting recipe if you want to pipe the cake and make it look pretty.
4.1 NET CARBS PER SLICE (12 SLICES PER CAKE)
Do NOT overbake the cake, 20 minutes is plenty of time. It will continue to cook as it cools down on the counter.
Double the frosting recipe if you want to decorate the top of the cake. Decorating a cake requires a lot of frosting.
Best Pans: The ingredients make 2 – 8” round pans, or 1 – 9×13 pan.
A cake stand makes it a lot easier to frost and decorate.
An icing or frosting spatula is the best and easiest way to apply the frosting.
For a nut-free keto chocolate cake, replace the almond flour with sunflower seed flour.
Add-ins include: Chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and fresh fruit.
Freeze Cake Layers – Wrap each layer in plastic wrap, then wrap in foil or freezer paper. Freeze for 3-4 months.
Freeze Whole Decorated Chocolate Cake – Assemble the cake and frost the entire cake. The frosting will be too sticky to wrap while at room temperature, so I suggest placing it in the fridge to chill or place it in the freezer for a few hours. Once the frosting has hardened, wrap the cake in plastic wrap, followed by foil. Freeze for 3-4 months.
Freeze Decorated Slices – If you have leftover slices of keto chocolate cake, wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze for 3-4 months.
How to Thaw – Let thaw out in the fridge overnight or on the counter if you need it thawed quicker.
Freeze the Buttercream Frosting: Make the keto buttercream frosting ahead of time, place it in a Ziploc bag, and store it in the freezer. It will last 1-2 months.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Chocolate Cake, Keto Cake, Low Carb Chocolate Cake, Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe, Keto Cake Recipe, Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake, Low Carb Cake, Almond Flour Chocolate Cake, Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake, Low Carb Cake Recipe, Best Keto Chocolate Cake, Keto-Friendly Cake, Low Carb Chocolate Cake Recipe, Easy Keto Chocolate Cake, Moist Keto Cake, Keto Desserts, Low Carb Dessert, Sugar-Free Desserts, Sugar-Free Cake, Almond Flour Cake