Keto Cornbread is an easy and quick recipe to make and delicious to eat. I am always happy to find a low carb replacement for what would normally be a high carb favorite with chili, stews and soups. Our low carb replacement is moist and fluffy and will be a great addition to your place with some butter or jam on top. It can also be good for breakfast or even just a snack. Corn is a high carb food so we have learned of a replacement ingredient that will make your cornbread taste like corn without all of the carbs.
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup powdered swerve
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sweet corn extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your 8 x 8 square baking dish with a piece of parchment paper. Set it aside while making the batter.
- In your bowl add the eggs. Beat them. Melt the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Now add the Swerve sweetener, and melted butter to the bowl with the beaten eggs.
- Now add the almond flour and baking powder, stirring well so that it is not lumpy. The batter will be thick.
- Now put the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, checking it with a toothpick. If it’s not quite done then pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes and re-check with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing it into 16 square pieces.
1.4 NET CARBS PER PIECE
When melting your butter in the microwave be sure to loosely cover it so that it doesn’t splash all over.
Do not overcook the cornbread or else it will dry out.
Be sure to line the glass pan with parchment paper so that the cornbread does not stick to the pan.
Make sure to use a finely ground almond flour and powdered Swerve for a smoother texture for your cornbread.
Storing: Use an airtight container to store it in your refrigerator for up to a week.
Reheating: You can reheat the cornbread one piece at a time or the whole thing at once. The way that I like to reheat it is in the toaster oven either on low heat or under the toaster in the toaster oven. The microwave is also a good option for heating it, for a minute or so.
Freezing: Make sure to put it in an airtight container or ziploc freezer bag for best results. You could also double protect it by using one inside the other. If it’s wrapped properly it can last 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Cornbread, Low Carb Cornbread, Keto Cornbread Recipe, Keto Corn Bread, Almond Flour Cornbread, Low Carb Cornbread Recipe, Homemade Cornbread, Cornbread Recipe, Best Keto Cornbread, Easy Keto Cornbread