This soft and delicious Keto Donut Recipe is going to be just what you need to curb your cravings for the classic donuts we all know and love. They are made with almond flour, then coated in cinnamon sugar or dipped in chocolate. Our low carb donuts are not only keto but are gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup golden monkfruit sweetener
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- ½ cup golden monk fruit
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and golden monkfruit sweetener. Mix together, then set aside.
- In a small bowl add the eggs, apple cider vinegar, vanilla, almond milk, and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Set sit for 5-10 minutes. This step helps the batter to rise and result in fluffier donuts.
- Transfer the batter into a quart-sized Ziploc bag and cut one of the bottom corners to create a piping bag.
- Spray the donut pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Fill each donut mold about ¾ full. Try your best to divide the batter evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While still hot, flip the donuts over onto a cooling tray.
- If the donuts don’t seem to have a hole, use a paring knife and cut a hole in center giving it the correct donut look.
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- While the donuts are baking, combine the golden monkfruit and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip each donut into the cinnamon sugar, being sure to coat the entire keto donut.
- In a small bowl add ½ cup lily’s chocolate chips and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Microwave for 60 seconds, stirring in between.
- Evenly pour the melted chocolate over the donuts.
- Add sprinkles, chopped nuts, or any other toppings you want.
- Refrigerate to harden the chocolate frosting.
2.2 NET CARBS PER CINNAMON SUGAR KETO DONUT
4.5 NET CARBS PER CHOCOLATE FROSTED KETO DONUT
Nut-Free Option: Replace the almond flour with sunflower seed flour.
Use a non-stick donut pan or silicone donut pan for best results.
Be sure to grease the pan before adding the donut batter.
Use fresh baking powder, if it’s outdated it will cause the donut not to rise.
After the batter is mixed, let sit for 5 minutes before adding to the pan.
Don’t overfill the pan because then you will lose the donut shape once they rise in the oven. Fill each donut cavity about ¾ way full.
Don’t under-bake the low carb donuts. You want the batter to be fully cooked and not runny inside.
Flip the donuts onto a cooling rack while still warm. This makes it easier to get them out of the pan.
Place your keto doughnuts in an airtight container or Ziploc bag and store in the fridge. They will stay fresh for 4-5 days.
Remove them from the fridge about 30 minutes before eating for softer keto donuts.
Freeze your leftover grain-free donuts in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Donuts, Low Carb Donuts, Keto Donut Recipe, Sugar-Free Donuts, Keto Donuts Recipe, Keto Doughnuts, Almond Flour Donuts, Paleo Donuts, Low Carb Donut Recipe, Low Carb Doughnut Recipe, Grain-Free Donuts, Carb Free Donuts, Keto-Friendly Donuts, Best Keto Donuts, Easy Keto Donuts, Donuts Recipe, Homemade Donuts Recipe, Healthy Donuts