If you thought you could never have ice cream again…look no further! This Keto vanilla ice cream recipe is perfect for your low carb diet! You won’t believe how easy it is to make your very own low carb and sugar-free ice cream right at home.
- 6 egg yolks
- ¼ cup powdered swerve
- ¼ cup allulose sweetener
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- Take your freezer bowl and put it in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- In a medium saucepan add the cream and turn heat on low. Allow milk to steam, but do not boil.
- Then add the two sweeteners, whisk together. Remove from the stove and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk the egg yolks, vanilla and salt.
- Now add the egg mixture to the saucepan with the cream.
- Place back on the stove and allow the mixture to steam, do not boil.
- Add ¼ tsp of xanthan gum and stir well.
- Transfer to a tupperware container, and let sit uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Place the lid on the container and put it into the fridge for 90 minutes
- In the meantime place a metal or glass loaf pan in the freezer.
- Take out and stir, then place back into the fridge for another 60 minutes.
- Pour ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker, and turn on for 30-45 minutes.
- Once the ice cream is done churning, place into a loaf pan or your container of choice.
- For soft serve, eat right away. For scoopable ice cream, freeze until completely frozen. Should take about 1-2 hours.
- When ready to eat, let sit out for 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
1.4 NET CARBS PER SERVING
If you don’t have an ice cream maker I would invest in one, it will make the best ice cream.
Xanthan Gum is a crucial ingredient to getting creamy ice cream and it helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
Freeze the ice cream bowl for 24 hours before churning.
Adding 1-2 tablespoons of vodka will help reduce the iciness of the ice cream. This is optional.
MCT Powder or oil will make the ice cream creamier. Only add about ¼ cup. This is optional.
2-4 tsp of Beef Gelatin will give you a very thick and custard-like consistency. Don’t add too much, otherwise it will be way too thick. This is optional.
Vanilla beans can be used as an addition to vanilla extract. Split the bean in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds and the vanilla pod into the cream mixture while cooking on the stove.
For a dairy-free option use full-fat coconut milk instead of cream.
Make sure your cream mixture is fully chilled before adding to the ice cream maker in order to get the best results.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Ice Cream, Low Carb Ice Cream, Sugar-Free Ice Cream, Keto Ice Cream Recipe, Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe, Sugar-Free Ice Cream Recipe, How to Make Low Carb Ice Cream, How to Make Keto Ice Cream, Best Keto Ice Cream, Easy Keto Ice Cream, Homemade Ice Cream, Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream, Homemade Keto Ice Cream, Homemade Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream, best sugar-free Ice Cream, Keto Vanilla Ice Cream