This is a recipe for keto lasagna and unless someone told you ahead of time that it was low carb you probably would never know it. It has yummy meat sauce and lots and lots of cheesy goodness running through all of the layers. It is easy to make and is delicious to eat.
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ tsp Pepper – Black
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 8 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Ground Beef 80/20 or any other type of ground beef of your choice.
- ½ cup chopped Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 ¾ cups Dice Tomatoes
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- Get a large cookie sheet and line it with a piece of parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with a non stick spray of your choice.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To mix up the noodle batter, take your 3 cheeses, (the mozzarella, cream cheese, and parmesan) and place them in a bowl and microwave it for 60-90 seconds until it is soft enough to stir and blend together.
- When the cheese is mixed together, it’s time to add the eggs and the spices, in no special order. Blend them together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and set.
- While the noodles are cooking and cooling, you can make the meat sauce, see directions below.
- Let the noodles cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the cheese noodles into the size that you will need for your lasagna layers.
- Get a large non stick frying pan and pour the olive oil into the pan. Turn the heat on medium-high.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and saute.
- The next step is to add the meat and then the spices continue to saute blending everything together.
- When the meat is pretty well cooked, not you can add the chopped tomatoes and once again blend it all together, and continue to heat it up. When everything looks cooked then it is time to start the next step while letting the meat sauce continue to simmer on low heat.
Putting Lasagna Together
- There is a proper order to put the lasagna together. Sauce, noodles, and cheese. Then repeat these steps over and over throughout all of the layers ending with cheese on top.
- Get your 3 types of cheese out of the refrigerator. Take your pan out and start by spreading about 1 cup of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay out one layer of noodles in large pieces so that it will help define the layers.
- Next, spread a layer of ricotta cheese, then generously sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and then sprinkle some parmesan cheese over it all.
- Start the layers again with meat sauce, noodles, cheese…etc, until finishing with cheese on top.
- The last step is to bake the keto lasagna. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake it on the middle rack, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
6 NET Carbs Per Serving
If you do not want to make keto lasagna sheets in this recipe, then just layer the rest of the ingredients, the meat sauce and the cheeses and it will make what we call a “no noodle lasagna.”
For your convenience when making the low carb lasagna noodles, use pre-shredded mozzarella, but for a better flavor buy a block of cheese and shred it yourself.
Sometimes pre-shredded cheese has flour in it which could affect the carb count so be careful.
Make sure that your tomato sauce does not have added sugar in it or else it will bring up your carb count too.
Allow the low carb lasagna noodles to cool before layering the lasagna, so that the cheese do not start to melt. You need the layers to remain firm so that they will hold up better in the baking process.
Cook the prepared lasagna casserole uncovered so that the steam does not build up and cause a runny lasagna.
Storing: You can easily store your keto lasagna in the refrigerator, either prepared but not baked, for up to 2 days or leftovers after it is baked for up to 5 days, as long as it’s tightly wrapped or placed in an airtight container.
Freezing: Freezing your lasagna, whether pre-baked or not, is a simple thing to do and will last in the freezer for up to 3 months, as long as you wrap it well in freezer paper, ziploc bags, or air tight containers.
Reheating: Lasagna is an easy thing to heat up, 2 ways. The first way would be in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes from the refrigerator, or 30 minutes from the freezer. The second way is in the microwave, 2 minutes from the refrigerator and about 5-6 minutes from the freezer.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto Lasagna, Keto Lasagna Recipe, Low Carb Lasagna, Keto Lasagna Noodles, Low Carb Lasagna Noodles, No Noodle Lasagna, Low Carb Lasagna Recipe, Keto Lasagna Casserole, Keto Friendly Lasagna, Keto Lasagne, Keto Lasagna Bake, No Carb Lasagna, Keto Lasagna Sheets, Lasagna Recipe, Best Keto Lasagna, Easy Keto Lasagna, Keto Italian Meals, Keto Italian Dinner, Low Carb Italian Dinners