These keto meatballs are tender and juicy which makes them so yummy. They are easy to make and you would never know that they are low carb meatballs without breadcrumbs. They are great even without any sauce on them and of course who doesn’t love meatballs with tomato sauce and lots of creamy mozzarella cheese on top? They are a favorite in my house and they will likewise be a favorite on your dinner table too.
- 3 lbs Ground beef, 80/20
- 3 Scallions
- ¾ cup Almond flour
- ¾ cup Almond milk
- 3 Tbsp Garlic, chopped, fresh or jarred
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Parsley, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper, black
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Get 2 bowls, one for the egg mixture and one for the meat. Then get 2 cookie sheets, and line them with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Now mix the eggs with a fork or whisk until well mixed.
- Next add the almond flour, almond milk, scallions, and spices in no special order to the eggs and blend well.
- Now take the egg mixture and pour it over the ground beef and mix it all together.
- Now you are ready to form the meatballs. Using a 2” scoop, pull up your first meatball and place it on the cookie sheet. Space them evenly apart. They will shrink so you can space them out as close as you need to in order to fit half of the meatballs on one sheet and the other half on the second sheet.
- Bake them for about 10-15 minutes, but the key is not to overcook them. No one likes dried out meatballs. You want them to remain moist and soft.
- Take them out of the oven and let them rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Keep in mind that while they rest they will continue to cook. Serve with your favorite sauce.
- Follow the same prep instructions for making your meatballs. Instead of baking them you are going to cook them in your favorite dutch oven or cast iron frying pan.
- Pour some olive or avocado oil in the pan, but just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Turn the stove top on medium.
- Gently add the meatballs to the pan, so that they do not fall apart and so that the hot oil does not splash on you.
- Cook them on all sides, but be careful not to burn them or make them too crispy. You still want them to be as tender as possible, but do not overcook.
- Drain off any excess grease and top with your favorite sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese and bake at 350-375 degrees until the cheese melts about 10 minutes.
0.3 NET CARBS Per Meatball.
Only blend the ingredients together, but DO NOT overmix it because the more you mix it, the tougher your meatballs will be.
Do not over bake the meatballs. Instead, if anything, under bake them because when you take them out of the oven they will continue to cook as they rest.
Make them in equal size so that they cook evenly. Use a 2” scoop for each meatball.
Keep in mind that if our meatballs are not cooked enough you can always put them in the oven for a little while longer, but if you overcook them you can never go backwards and make them less cooked.
Storing: Meatballs are very easy to store in the refrigerator. If you keep them in an air-tight container they will stay fresh for about 5 days. If you are not going to eat them in a few days then freeze them.
If you don’t have enough room in the refrigerator for a large container, then store the meatballs in a ziploc bag, which will take up less room in the fridge.
Reheating: To reheat the keto meatballs is very easy to do. They can be heated in a pot of sauce, or in the oven with some sauce and cheese on them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Freezing: The keto meatballs freeze real well, either when they are cooked or raw before they are cooked. In either case, freeze them the same way. Put them in an airtight container, then put the container in a ziploc bag for extra protection. They will stay fresh for 3-4 months.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto Meatballs, Low Carb Meatballs, Meatballs without Breadcrumbs, Keto Meatball Recipe, Meatball Recipe without Breadcrumbs, Meatballs with no Breadcrumbs, Low Carb Meatball Recipe, How to Make Meatballs without Breadcrumbs, Keto Friendly Meatballs, No Carb Meatballs, Ketogenic Meatballs, Best Keto Meatballs, Easy Keto Meatballs, Keto Dinner Ideas, easy keto recipe, Low Carb Italian Recipes, Meatball Recipe, Best Meatballs