This is a recipe for Keto Oatmeal which is a low carb treat considering the high carbs in the regular one. So try this warm, cozy and tasty breakfast which is easy to make, so much so that you will make it over and over again, especially on those fall and winter days.
- 5 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- The first step is to mix the flaxseed meal, chia seeds, and xanthan gum together in a saucepan that you plan on using to cook the oatmeal in, usually a small or medium size pan will work best.
- Next add the almond milk, heavy cream, and vanilla to the pan and whisk together with the dry ingredients, and cook over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- If it is too thick then add extra almond milk to thin it out in order to reach the consistency that you like best.
- Pour it into your favorite bowl and top with nuts, berries, sugar-free maple syrup, keto granola…etc.
2.8 NET CARBS PER SERVING
If you are looking for a completely dairy-free oatmeal option, omit the heavy cream and replace the portion with water or additional almond milk. If it is not thick enough then thicken it with ¼ tsp of xanthan gum.
Be sure to use zero carb sweeteners in your oatmeal.
When you top the bowl of keto oatmeal with fruit make sure to use low carb fruits. The best are the berries.
Reheating: You can reheat your oatmeal on the stove in a saucepan on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Storing: You can store any unused portion of oatmeal in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Freezing: The freezer is also a good option for storing any unused portion of oatmeal, also in an airtight container and then in a Ziploc bag for double protection. It will freeze well for 2-3 months if wrapped properly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Oatmeal, Low Carb Oatmeal, Keto Oatmeal Recipe, Noatmeal, Keto Oats, Low Carb Oats, Keto-Friendly Oatmeal