Keto Pot Roast is an old fashioned New England recipe that is so easy to make and delicious to eat. It’s a healthy, one-pot dinner and to make the best low carb pot roast we will show you step by step how easy it is to make because once you put it together everything cooks all by itself and how yummy it is to eat!
- 4 pounds Chuck Roast
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups Celery, cut into 2” pieces
- 1.5 cups baby Carrots
- 2 cups Radishes, cut in half
- 2 cups Mushrooms, whole
- Season your meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste on both sides of the meat, and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- This next step is to poke holes in your meat with a fork to help tenderize it.
- While the meat is soaking in the spices, it’s time to prepare your vegetables. Wash them. Cut up the ones that need cutting.
- The meat is ready to brown. Put some olive oil in the bottom of the dutch oven and turn the burner on high to heat up the oil.
- Brown up the meat on both sides, usually about 2-3 minutes on each side. You want it to brown but not burn. If your burner is too high then turn it down a bit.
- Once the meat is browned up then pour the beef broth over the top of the meat, put the lid on, and bake it in the oven at 300-325 degrees, that also depends on how hot your oven runs. You want it to cook low and slow.
- The next step is to add the veggies. It will only take an hour or even less to cook, so keep that in mind to add the veggies in the last hour of cooking the keto pot roast. When you lift off the lid, be sure to baste the meat juices over the meat and then add the veggies. Place the lid on and continue to cook.
- You will know when the keto pot roast is done because when you put a fork in it, the meat should fall apart, which is called “fork-tender.” If it doesn’t fall apart then it’s not done yet, so cook it longer until it falls apart easily.
- When it’s done baste the meat with the juice and serve.
4.5 NET Carbs Per Serving
Seasoning the meat and letting it sit for 30 minutes before cooking is important. Then poke it with a fork all over which will also tenderize the meat.
Another important step is to sear or brown the meat on both sides before cooking. This seals in the juices and flavors the outside of the meat.
Don’t add the veggies at the same time that you start the meat. The meat needs to cook slowly while the veggies would be like mush if you cook them too long. So if cooking in the dutch oven then add them about an hour before the meat is due to finish. If you are using a slow cooker then add them halfway through the process.
Personally I like to eat the pot roast with the beef juices just the way they are. If you like the juice to be thicker like gravy then you can stir in 1-2 tsp of xanthan gum, which is low carb to thicken it.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Pot Roast, Keto Chuck Roast, Keto Roast, Low Carb Pot Roast, Low Carb Roast, Keto Pot Roast Recipe, Keto Roast Recipe, Keto Beef Roast, Healthy Pot Roast, Best Keto Pot Roast, Easy Keto Pot Roast, Sunday Dinner, Pot Roast, Best Pot Roast Recipe, Easy Pot Roast Recipe