This is a great recipe featuring Keto Sausage Balls. They taste just like the traditional ones that you may have been eating for years without the unwanted and unnecessary carbs. They are super quick and easy to make and so delicious to eat as a breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizer and snack. Try one of our sauce ideas for dipping too. Your family will ask for them over and over again.
For the Sausage Balls
- 1lb ground Sausage, any type.
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, brick form, not whipped at room temperature.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese, I prefer orange so that it shows up better in the balls.
- 1 large Egg
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
For the Dip
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise, preferably Helman’s
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Mustard, preferably stone ground
- 1 tsp Dill, fresh or dried
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating up, line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Next, put all of the dry ingredients, flour, and spices, in the bowl one at a time. Blend together until combined. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl put your sausage and egg. Add the dry ingredients along with the cream cheese and blend together.
- Next, add the cheddar cheese. Mix everything together until well combined but not overmixed.
- Chill the sausage mixture in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
- Use a medium-sized scoop and drop the balls onto the paper, and be sure to get them as uniform in size as you can so that they will cook evenly.
- Take each one and lightly roll them into loose balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown, which could take an extra 5 minutes because every oven is a little different.
- While the sausage balls are baking, mix up the sauce. Put all of your ingredients in a small bowl and blend them together. Chill the sauce in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
1.5 NETS Carb for each ball.
Chilling the mixture for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator will make it easier to roll them into balls.
Use a scoop to measure out the portions so that they will bake evenly.
Do not over mix them or overcook them or else they will be rubbery or dry.
If you use melted butter in the balls make sure not to add it right away to the mixture or else the egg will start to cook.
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temp so that it will blend better.
Storing: It is so easy to store your sausage balls in the refrigerator, cooked or uncooked. Just place them in an airtight plastic container. If they are uncooked then cook them in a day. If they are already cooked then they should be good in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Reheating: To reheat your sausage balls, the microwave is the fastest. In 1-2 minutes they will be piping hot and juicy. Be sure to cover them. Also heating them in the oven is simple to do in a baking dish covered with foil, at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes should do the trick.
Freezing: When the sausage balls are stored in the freezer, place them in a plastic container and then into a Ziploc baggie. You could always reverse this step by putting individual portions into a plastic Ziploc bag and then place all of them into an airtight container.
Just remove them one baggie at a time and thaw in the refrigerator overnight or pop them into a covered baking dish in the oven frozen, and heat at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Sausage Balls, Low Carb Sausage Balls, Sausage Balls with Almond Flour, Keto Sausage Ball Recipe, Almond Flour Sausage Balls, Keto Sausage Cheese Balls, Low Carb Sausage Ball Recipe, Sausage Balls, Best Keto Sausage Balls, Easy Keto Sausage Balls