These low carb almond flour shortbread cookies taste just like real buttery shortbread. With only 5 ingredients and 1 net carb per cookie, you’ll never know they are sugar-free and gluten-free. Have a few of them with your morning cup of coffee or tea and I guarantee that it will make your day.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- ⅓ cup granulated monk fruit
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a medium bowl add softened butter and sweetener. Using an electric mixer, combine until creamy.
- Add vanilla, and mix again.
- Add almond flour and salt. Mix all ingredients together. The dough should be on the thicker side. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick or so.
- Once the dough has been rolled out use a cookie cutter to cut your cookies. They are fragile so use a metal spatula to transfer each cookie to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Keep re-rolling the dough and making cookies until you don’t have any dough left.
- Using a fork poke a few holes in each cookie
- Place cookies in the oven for 12-14 minutes. When the edges will start to get slightly brown take out of the oven. Let sit and cool for 10-15 minutes
- 0.5 NET CARBS PER COOKIE
- If the dough starts to fall apart when transferring cookies to the tray, then place the dough in the fridge to chill for a few minutes
- Nuts or chocolate chips can be added to your shortbread dough
- These are overly sweet cookies, so you can up your sweetener amount if you want them sweeter
- Don’t roll your dough too thin otherwise you will never be able to transfer the dough to a cookie sheet, they will fall apart
- Use almond flour, not almond meal
- Coconut oil can be used to replace butter for a dairy-free option, but it won’t taste exactly the same
- Prep Time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes to chill
- Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Shortbread Cookies, Keto Shortbread Cookie Recipe, Low Carb Shortbread Cookies, Low Carb Shortbread Cookies Recipe, Almond Flour Shortbread, Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies, Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies Recipe, Keto Shortbread Cookies Recipe, How to Make Keto Shortbread, sugar-free shortbread Cookes