If you are staying away from sweet potatoes due to how high they are in carbs, then please try this great mock Keto Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe. It not only has a pecan topping, but it has the same smooth texture as any other sweet potato casserole, while still remaining Gluten-Free and Grain-Free.
Sweet Potato Filling:
- 3 cups butternut squash
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter, (divided 1 tbsp, 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp golden monkfruit
Pecan Streusel Topping:
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup golden monkfruit
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small chunks. Then cut the cauliflower into equal-sized pieces.
- Place the chopped butternut squash and cauliflower in a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp pepper, and ½ tsp nutmeg. Stir together making sure all the veggies get coated in seasoning.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft.
- In a food processor add the pecan and pulse until roughly chopped. Don’t chop too fine.
- Transfer the chopped pecans to a small bowl. Add 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, and ¼ cup golden monkfruit, then stir. Add in 2 tbsp melted butter and stir again. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are done roasting place half of them in the food processor. Pulse a few times, then add the remaining veggies and continue pulsing.
- Add the canned pumpkin and pulse until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Scoop the mixture into a baking dish. Add 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp golden monkfruit sweetener. Stir the mixture together, taste to see if you need to add more spices or sweetener. Set aside.
- Add the pecan streusel topping over the vegetable puree.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
5.1 NET CARBS PER SERVING
For the sweetener, I prefer to use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit, but any granulated low carb sweetener will work just fine including Swerve Brown Sugar.
If you are looking to lower the carb content, even more, you can lower the butternut squash and up the cauliflower instead.
Instead of using just cinnamon and nutmeg, you can use our Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice.
For a dairy-free low carb sweet potato casserole, replace the butter with vegan butter instead.
Store leftover in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Frozen cauliflower rice can be used in the replacement of the fresh cauliflower.
For the pecan streusel topping, you can replace the pecans with walnuts, almonds, or use a combo of all three.
You can use keto marshmallows on top if you’d like.
For the best results, I use a food processor, but you can use a high-powered blender instead.
Freeze the casserole unbaked for up to 1 month.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Sweet Potato Casserole, Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole, Keto Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe, Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe, Best Keto Sweet Potato Casserole, Easy Keto Sweet Potato Casserole, Best Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole, Easy Low Carb Sweet Potato Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole, Low Carb Side Dishes, Keto Side Dishes