This Keto Pasta Noodles recipe is a substitute for everyone who misses regular pasta when you are on a low carb diet. They are easy to make, quick to cook, and are made out of only 2 ingredients. Throw some tomato sauce on top and a sprinkle of parmesan and you will have a satisfying meal or side dish for your family’s dinner.
- 1 Cup Shredded Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Put the mozzarella in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for about 1 minute. Take it out and stir and put it back in for another 30 seconds until the cheese is melted.
- Let the mozzarella cool for about 1 minute. If you add the egg too soon it will start to cook from the heat from the cheese, but if you wait too long the cheese will be too hard to blend in the egg yolk.
- Add the egg yolk and stir until the egg and cheese are completely blended together.
- Place your dough on a piece of parchment paper and then place another piece on top.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Remove the upper piece of parchment paper and now with a pizza cutter, cut the dough in long strips, about ½ inch wide.
- Refrigerate the pasta strips on the paper for at least 6 hours, or even as long as overnight.
- Take the pasta noodles out of the refrigerator and remove them from the parchment paper and place them on a plate and put them back in the refrigerator for about an hour to chill back up.
- Bring a pot of unsalted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling them proceed to take them out of the refrigerator.
- Drop them into the pot of water and cook for about 30 seconds or so. You will see them starting to float to the top of the water.
- Immediately dump them into a colander and run cold water over them to help them to set after being in the hot water. After all, we are dealing with cheese that melts quickly.
- Pour your favorite sauce over them and serve.
1.5 NET Carbs per serving
Be careful not to use the whole egg because the egg white will make the cheese too runny. Trust me I did that by accident one time and it did not work out at all.
Mozzarella cheese tends to be salty enough, so avoid salting the water.
When cooking the low carb noodles, only cook for about 30 seconds. Remove and immediately run under cold water to help the noodles hold their shape. Otherwise, you will end up with a melted pile of cheese.
When you make low carb noodles It is important to refrigerate them for a minimum of 6 hours, but overnight is good too. The colder the noodles the more they will retain their shape.
We also use a tiny flat spatula to put under the noodle while, with the other hand, pull up on the noodle.
It is important to refrigerate the keto noodles for a minimum of 6 hours, but overnight is good too. The colder the noodles the more they will retain their shape.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Low Carb Pasta, Keto Pasta, Keto Noodles, Low Carb Noodles, Keto Pasta Recipe, No Carb Pasta, Keto-Friendly Pasta, Keto Pasta Noodles, Carb Free Pasta, Low Carb Pasta Recipe, Keto Noodle Recipe, No Carb Noodles, Keto Pasta Dough Recipe, Low Carb Pasta Noodles, Low Carb Noodles Recipe, Homemade Keto Pasta, Keto Spaghetti Noodles, Ketogenic Pasta, Low Carb Pasta Dough Recipe, Fathead Noodles, Best Keto Pasta, Best Low Carb Pasta, Easy Keto Pasta, Easy Low Carb Pasta, Easy Keto Noodles, Easy Low Carb Noodles, Low Carb Dinners, Keto Dinners