Finally, some delicious, and crunchy homemade low carb Tortilla chips that are easy to make and yummy to eat.
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1 Jumbo egg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella, plus a little more
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼-½ tsp paprika, regular type NOT smoked
- With your hands blend all ingredients together.
- Divide into about 5 portions.
- Place one at a time on a piece of parchment paper and place the second piece of parchment paper over it and then take a rolling pin and roll the dough into a thin piece. Do this with all portions on a separate piece of parchment paper.
- Transfer each portion with its own piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet. Each cookie sheet will be able to hold 2 or 3 portions of dough.
- Place a 6” pan lid in the middle of each rolled out piece of dough. Use it as a cookie-cutter. Cut around the lid in a circle so that each piece is 6” round. Put any excess that you cut from around the edges back in your bowl and add to the next piece and so on…until you use up all your dough mixture.
- Now once you have them all rolled out, cut into even triangle pieces, 8 pcs.
- Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top to give it a slightly salty taste, like other chips, unless you can’t have any extra salt in your diet for some reason.
- Keep them on the paper on the cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. At the 10 minute mark start to watch because the last 1 or 2 minutes go fast.
- There’s a fine line between not cooking them enough and cooking them too much. You want them to be crisp but not too crisp that they break when you try to dip them into your salsa.
- Let cool before trying to remove your low carb tortilla chips from the paper.
NET CARBS: 1.4 per serving
When you cut your Keto Tortilla Chips into triangles you will have leftover dough around the outside of your pan lid. Don’t throw it out. Put it back in your bowl and form another ball with it.
Roll out your dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. Keep your Homemade Keto Chips on the paper while you bake them. Use a pizza stone if you have one. If not a cookie sheet will do.
Roll out your dough evenly so that you don’t get some chips too thin which will burn, and not too thick or it will be more like a cracker than a chip.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Low Carb Tortilla Chips, Low Carb Tortilla Chips Recipe, Keto Tortilla Chips, Keto Tortilla Chips Recipe, Tortilla Chips, Tortilla Chips Recipe, Homemade Tortilla Chips, Homemade Tortilla Chips Recipe, Best Tortilla Chips