The best way to cook a perfect prime rib roast at home. This delicious recipe is a lot cheaper than going out to eat for it. It’s certainly a lot cheaper than taking the whole family out to a restaurant and treating them all to a prime rib dinner.
- Prime Rib Roast
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- The first thing you do is preheat your oven to 450- 500 degrees, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Next place your meat in a roasting pan and coat all over with olive oil.
- Season your meat with the spices all over. The olive oil will help the spices to stick to the meat.
- Put meat thermometer into the roast at the thickest point in the middle of the meat being careful not to touch the bones with the thermometer.
- Cook on 500 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Lower temp to 325 degrees for the duration of the cooking time.
Prime Rib has 0 NET CARBS *the only carbs will come from garlic powder or a few other seasonings so check first to see how many carbs they have.
Make sure that your meat is thawed out completely if it was frozen.
One thing to keep in mind with the thermometer is to put it in the center of the meat and not touching the bone. Also important is to make sure that when you take it out of the meat to use a potholder so that you don’t burn your hand.
Try to keep the oven closed during the cooking process to maintain the temperature in the oven.
When your roast comes out of the oven, let it rest for 30 minutes which will keep the juices in your meat.
Use a very sharp knife to carve your meat, one without teeth, which would rip up your meat while carving.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Prime Rib Roast, Prime Rib Roast recipe, Prime Rib, Prime Rib Recipe, best Prime Rib Roast, perfect Prime Rib Roast, how to cook a Prime Rib Roast, how to bake Prime Rib in the oven, how to cook Prime Rib