These baked turkey zucchini meatballs are easy to make, delicious to eat, and low in fat, calories, and carbs. They are kid-friendly and are a good way to get your kids to eat their veggies.
- 2 pounds of Ground Turkey
- 2 cups shredded Zucchini
- 2 Jumbo Eggs or 3 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp raw Garlic
- ½ cup Scallions
Shredding the Zucchini
- The first thing to do after washing and drying the zucchini is to shred it. Cut off the ends. Then, using a box grater, with one hand hold onto the grater and place the other hand on the squash. Run it up and down until all of it has been shredded.
- You then need to take some cheesecloth, paper towels, or coffee filters to squeeze the water out of the squash. Take a small amount of shredded zucchini at one time and place it in the cloth and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze…..once you have all of the water out of it, then squeeze it one more time to make sure that it’s as dry as possible.
Putting together the Meatballs
- Now you need to put the turkey in a large bowl.
- Add the shredded zucchini to the bowl.
- Next step is to add the eggs.
- Now add all of the spices….salt, pepper, garlic, italian seasoning.
- Then the last ingredients to add are the scallions.
- Mix all of the ingredients together but do not overmix or else the turkey meatballs without breadcrumbs will become tough or rubbery.
- Use an ice cream scoop to semi form the baked turkey zucchini meatballs and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the turkey zucchini meatballs in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. If they are not cooking evenly then flip them over halfway during the process.
- In order to tell if the baked turkey zucchini meatballs are cooked, they should be evenly brown on all sides.
- If you are going to transfer them into sauce and continue to simmer them, then you don’t have to worry too much if they are cooked thoroughly because they will continue to cook in the sauce.
0.3 NET Carbs Per Meatball
Handle the turkey zucchini meatballs lightly. Do not overmix the meat and do not pack the meatballs tightly or else they will become tough or rubbery.
Try to make the turkey zucchini meatballs uniform in size so that they will cook evenly.
You can use an ice cream scoop to place the meatballs on the baking sheet.
If you like spicy foods then add a few shakes of hot pepper flakes to the mixture.
So that the turkey zucchini meatballs don’t fall apart during the cooking process, make sure to brown them on all sides.
The recipe calls for fresh parsley and fresh garlic, but if you don’t have these ingredients at home then feel free to use dried parsley and chopped garlic in a jar or even garlic powder. They will still add some of the needed flavor.
If the meatballs are not cooking evenly then flip them over halfway during the baking process.
If you’re going to transfer them into sauce then you don’t have to worry if they are completely cooked because they will continue to cook in the sauce.
Homemade sauce is always better than jar sauce, if you can make it.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, Baked Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, Turkey Zucchini Meatballs in the oven, Turkey meatballs without breadcrumbs, Turkey Zucchini Meatballs Recipe, Best Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, Easy Turkey Zucchini Meatballs, How to Make Turkey Zucchini Meatballs