This Watermelon Salad is a family recipe from Italy. It’s just perfect for the Summer because with the watermelon it’s so cool and refreshing and the feta cheese is a great salty mix with the sweet! It’s easy to make and even low carb!
- 2 cups cubed Watermelon
- ¾ cup Feta
- 4 cups chopped Lettuce
- ¾ cup Tomatoes
- ¾ cup pitted Kalamata Olives
- ½ cup Basil
- 2 tbsp Capers
- Lime Juice – ½ cup
- Olive Oil – ½ cup
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
- Get a large bowl because you are going to have to have enough room in the bowl to toss the salad.
- Spread the lettuce out in the bottom of the bowl. I use romaine.
- Chop the tomatoes, olives, and watermelon.
- Place them into the bowl on top of the lettuce.
- Now add the capers, chopped basil, salt, and pepper.
- Now add the feta cheese, crumbles, or chunks.
- Gently toss the salad so as not to squish the watermelon. The more you toss it the more it will become too watery.
- Pour on the dressing over the big bowl of salad or individual portions.
- Mix the Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Lime Juice together.
- Pour it in a small glass jar if you have one and shake well.
- Pour over the salad.
5.5 NET Carbs per serving
Once you cut watermelon it goes bad quickly, so enjoy it the first day and maybe the second but that’s about it.
Do not store it with the dressing on, because it will make an already watery salad more watery and soggy. Pour the dressing on the watermelon salad just before serving.
You can use Feta chunks or crumbles.
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Watermelon Salad, Best Watermelon Salad, Easy Watermelon Salad, Watermelon Salad Recipe, How to Make Watermelon Salad, Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese, Watermelon Feta Salad