When you get a craving for something salty and crispy but you can’t eat potato chips then look no further because oven-baked zucchini chips are a yummy treat. They are not only crispy and delicious but also so easy to make. They fit into many diet plans that almost everyone can eat.
- 2 medium-size Zucchini
- ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- To prepare the squash for slicing, wash the zucchini and dry it off thoroughly with paper towels. Cut the ends off and now it’s ready to be sliced.
- Set your mandoline slicer at the thin setting
- Hold one end of the zucchini in one hand and the other one on the slicer. Place the other end onto the slicer and run your squash in one direction over and over again until all of the zucchini is sliced.
- Now it’s time to place them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven.
- The first thing to do is to line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next take all of your zucchini pieces and line them up on the baking sheet in a uniform way to be sure not to overcrowd them so they will cook evenly. You may have to use 2 cookie sheets because they may not all fit on one sheet.
- Gently brush olive oil over all the slices of zucchini
- Lightly sprinkle with salt (coarse salt flakes work best)
- Bake your chips at 225 degrees for 1 hour or until crispy. (NOTE: If you cut the chips thin, then 1 hours should be enough. If you cut them thicker or your oven is older they can take as many as 2 hours to cook).
- About halfway through the baking, flip the chips over to ensure that they crisp on both sides.
- When they have reached their desired crispness remove them from the oven, and take them off the sheet pan and cool them before eating. (Optional: Sprinkle again with salt)
1.6 NET CARBS FOR 20 CHIPS
The chips come out the best when you slice them really thin. They get nice and crispy and crunchy.
Make the slices uniform in thickness so that they will bake evenly.
The way you accomplish the evenly cut slices is with a mandoline slicer. The only caution is that you need to watch your fingers since the razor is very sharp, just like a big razor blade.
Small to medium zucchini, firm in texture, make the best chips because they have less seeds and less water content.
Bake your zucchini chips in the oven at a low temperature, around 225 degrees, slowly which will ensure that the chips will be crispy but not burnt.
Another good tip is to use a piece of parchment paper on top of the baking sheet. Space them apart not overlapping so that they will crisp up better.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 2 Hours
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Zucchini Chips, baked zucchini chips, zucchini chips recipe, how to make zucchini chips, crispy zucchini chips, oven baked zucchini chips, recipe for zucchini chips, zucchini chips in the oven, Easy Zucchini Chips, Best Zucchini Chips, Easy Zucchini Chips Recipe, Best Zucchini Chips Recipe