This is the best Zucchini Lasagna recipe and you will be surprised how much it tastes like traditional lasagna in spite of the fact that it does not have any noodles in it. This recipe is easy to make, is full of creamy cheeses and is a keto and low carb recipe that everyone will love.
- 4 zucchini, sliced into long strips
- ¼ cup Keto tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- ¾ cup Keto tomato sauce
- 15 oz ricotta
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Prepare the Zucchini:
- Rinse the zucchini with cold water and then dry them thoroughly with paper towels.
- With your cutting board and knife cut off the ends of the zucchini.
- By using a mandolin slicer, raise the zucchini over the slicer and slide it down until it makes a slice about ⅛ inch thick.
- Raise it back up off the slicer and repeat the procedure until all of the squash is sliced.
- After the zucchini has been sliced, lay them out on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels to absorb the moisture that will be coming out of it.
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the zucchini and then let them sit for 30-45 minutes.
- After the water beads up on the zucchini slices then dry them off thoroughly with more paper towels to absorb as much water as possible. Set them aside.
Preparing the Sauce:
- While the zucchini is prepping, take a non stick frying pan and brown up the meat.
- Drain off any excess grease so that your lasagna is not greasy.
- Now add your low carb tomato sauce to it and blend.
Making the Cheese Filling:
- In a medium-size bowl combine the ricotta, egg, spices, fresh parsley, parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Mix well.
Layering the Lasagna:
- Using a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Next put a layer of zucchini slices.
- Add layer of meat sauce, about ½ of it.
- Spread ½ of the ricotta filling.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the mozzarella next.
- Repeat the same process in the same pattern on another layer.
- The last layer is zucchini and then the rest of the mozzarella on top.
- Tip: If you like it cheesier, then add even more mozzarella on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake your no noodle lasagna for 30 minutes, or until it’s bubbling around the edges.
- Let the lasagna rest for about 10 minutes before serving to let it get more firm and set up.
3 NET CARBS PER SERVING
Make sure not to skip the salting step, it is important so that you don’t get a runny lasagna.
Do not forget to rest the keto zucchini lasagna when it comes out of the oven for about 10 minutes.
Use small to medium sized zucchini which will have less seeds, smaller ones too.
When using a mandolin slicer be careful not to cut your fingers.
Feel free to top off your keto lasagna with zucchini noodles using some extra mozzarella and parmesan cheese. It’s up to your personal taste.
Store: If you have any leftover zucchini noodles lasagna, stick it in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator, for as many as 5 days.
Reheat: You can heat it up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, covered with a paper towel to avoid splashing.
The oven is also a good way to reheat the lasagna by putting it in a baking dish uncovered for about 10 minutes.
Freeze: You can freeze the lasagna by wrapping it in an airtight container, also placed in a ziploc bag for double protection. It will stay fresh for 2-3 months if properly wrapped.
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Zucchini Lasagna, Keto Zucchini Lasagna, Zucchini Lasagna Recipe, Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna, Keto Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles, Easy Zucchini Lasagna, Zucchini Noodles Lasagna, Best Zucchini Lasagna, How to Make Zucchini Lasagna