Our low carb Keto Chicken Parmesan tastes just like it does at your favorite Italian restaurant. The breading is light and crispy while keeping the chicken juicy on the inside.
Smothered in tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese, this easy keto chicken parmesan is a must-have recipe in your collection.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, 6 pieces
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- If your chicken is too thick, cut them in half lengthwise, like you are butterflying the breast, but cut all the way through. Set aside.
- In one bowl add the eggs, and whisk them. In another bowl place the almond flour, parmesan cheese, and all the spice. Stir together.
- Start by dipping each chicken breast into the egg wash, then transfer to the bowl of almond flour. Make sure to coat the entire chicken breast. Once each piece has been coated move over to a tray while you finish coating the remaining pieces.
- Place a large frying pan on the stove and pour in olive oil, turn heat on medium high. Let sit for about 2 minutes until the oil is hot. Place 2-3 pieces of chicken into the oil at a time.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until crispy, then flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Once the chicken is done, transfer it to a plate while you finish cooking the remaining pieces.
- On the bottom of a baking dish, coat with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Place the chicken in the pan, then cover with sauce and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and starting to crisp. Broil for a minute or two if needed.
5.5 NET CARBS PER PIECE
Using a non-stick pan will prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan.
Costco has chicken breast halves you can purchase and cut them in half lengthwise.
Don’t buy thin-sliced chicken cutlets, it will be way too thin.
If you chose to pound the chicken, use the smooth side of the meat mallet, or use the bottom of a small saucepan.
Wait to add the chicken to the oil until it gets hot. You want it to start crisping up right away.
Grate fresh parmesan and mozzarella, it’s much better.
Make sure the tomato sauce doesn’t have any added sugar.
I like to use a glass baking dish for my chicken parmesan, but a regular baking tray will work just as well.
Broil for a minute or two to get the cheese crispy. Watch it though, it will burn very quickly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Main Courses
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto Chicken Parmesan, Low Carb Chicken Parmesan, Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe, Low Carb Chicken Parmesan Recipe, How to Make Keto Chicken Parmesan, Best Keto Chicken Parmesan, Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan, How to make Chicken Parmesan low carb, crispy Keto Chicken Parmesan, Keto Chicken Parm, Low Carb Chicken Parm, Almond Flour Chicken Parmesan, Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan