Easy and delicious Low Carb “Apple Crisp” while not using apples. Zucchini mixed with apple pie spices and fresh lemon juice, and you can’t tell the difference. I dare you to try!
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup golden monk fruit
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup golden monk fruit
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut the zucchini. If the zucchini is on the larger side, then make sure to take out some of the seeds.
- In a dutch oven, turn heat onto medium-high and add the butter. Once butter is melted let it start to brown, but don’t burn it. Now that the butter is browned add the zucchini to the pan.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweetener to the zucchini and stir well. Then pour in lemon juice, and add xanthan gum.
- Cook on medium heat for at least 20 minutes. Keep stirring mixture to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- While the squash is cooking, start making the topping. In a food processor, chop the pecans. You can chop them by hand, but I find it way easier to use the food processor.
- In a small bowl combine the softened butter, chopped pecans, almond flour, and cinnamon together. To really mix it in well, you might need to use your hands.
- Once the squash is cooked, transfer it to a baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the squash, you should have enough to completely cover it.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and the fruit is bubbling.
3.6 NET CARBS per serving
Letting your butter brown, is key in making this recipe. Just don’t let it burn.
Using a small amount of xanthan gum will help to thicken the apple mixture.
Fresh lemon juice will give you the acidity you’re missing from using real apples.
Keep crisp refrigerated for up to 3-4 days.
To freeze the crisp it’s better to assemble it and NOT bake it. To thaw it, leave on the counter, then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
To reheat, either put in the oven at 200 degrees, or place in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Top with Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream for lots of yummy goodness
If you want to use real apples instead, use 4 cups of sliced apples, and follow all rest of the ingredients as normal. For ½ cup serving it will be 10 NET CARBS per serving.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Apple Crisp, Low Carb Apple Crisp, Keto Apple Crisp Recipe, Low Carb Apple Crisp Recipe, Mock Apple Crisp, Best Keto Apple Crisp, Easy Apple Crisp, homemade Apple Crisp recipe, healthy Apple Crisp recipe, gluten-free Apple Crisp recipe