If you are like me you will be happily surprised to find out that Keto Marshmallows exist! You will be so happy to see how easy it is to make them. It only takes a few ingredients, along with a few minutes of your time and you end up with every kids’ dream…marshmallows! And they are every mothers’ dream too…sugar-free!
These keto marshmallows are sweet and sticky just like the real thing and can be eaten on their own or in your favorite smores and hot chocolate.
- 1 cup of water, divided into 2 equal portions.
- 2 Tbsp unflavored, powdered gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups allulose
- ¼ tsp salt
- The first step is to get your 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish and line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Next, pour ½ cup of warm water into a large bowl and add the gelatin. Stir well with a fork or whisk and set aside.
- Get your saucepan and add the other ½ cut of water, along with the allulose and salt and cook over medium heat stirring frequently, and not boiling. Just heat it until the little bubbles appear around the edges of the pan.
- When ready, remove from the stove and add the vanilla, and stir. Now add it to the gelatin mixture in the bowl.
- Using your mixer, begin on low and increase to high to blend your mixture for about 15 minutes altogether. The volume will double in size as it whips up and will turn white with stiff peaks.
- Pour it into your prepared pan and refrigerate overnight, until firm and not sticky. It will remove easily from the paper. Now cut it into marshmallows and serve.
Zero NET Carbs
When using a bowl and hand mixer to blend your ingredients, use a deep bowl because the little white specks of the marshmallow will splash all over your backsplash, counters, and anything around it.
We used a kitchen lighter, to toast up the keto marshmallows, to keep them from melting so easily.
I tried to soften the marshmallow in the microwave for 10 seconds and it was a disaster. It melted and practically disappeared, so DON’T DO IT.
Reheating: This is not a step that you should take with your keto marshmallows because they are delicate while heating and you will end up with a puddle of melted marshmallows.
Storing: These sugar-free marshmallows are easy to store. They can be stored on the counter for 5-7 days as long as you cover them with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. After that, they should be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Freezing: The same is true when freezing the low-carb marshmallows, properly wrapped to avoid freezer burn. They can last up to 3 months. Another way to freeze your marshmallows is in ice cube trays which will give you individual treats when you feel like taking out just 1 or 2 at a time. Just be sure to wrap them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sugar-Free Marshmallows, Keto Marshmallows, Low Carb Marshmallows, Paleo Marshmallows, Sugar-Free Marshmallows Recipe, Keto Marshmallows Recipe, Keto Sugar-Free Marshmallows, Best Sugar-Free Marshmallows, Best Keto Marshmallows, Marshmallow Recipe, Sugar-Free Keto Marshmallows, How to Make Marshmallows, Easy Keto Marshmallows, Easy Sugar-Free Marshmallows, puffy marshmallows