This is a recipe for keto cheesecake fat bombs, a very easy and simple treat to make with just a handful of ingredients, and takes only a few minutes to prepare.
If you are on keto you probably have heard of fat bombs or may have even eaten some before. They are a must, especially for beginners looking to start a keto or low carb diet because it can be very helpful having them in the refrigerator.
Fat bombs, including these cheesecake ones, can be eaten as a snack, dessert, or even for breakfast. They are so easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator so that when you are hungry, just grab 2 or 3 and they will keep you on your diet.
As you probably know, sometimes it’s hard to stick to a diet if you haven’t planned out your meals. That’s where fat bombs come in handy. They make it easy to hit your macros and stay in ketosis.
If you like our chocolate peanut butter fat bombs then you are going to love these. After all, who doesn’t like a creamy cheesecake? You can have your “cheese”cake and eat it too!
What are Cheesecake Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are usually sweet and have a lot of fat in them which will come in handy when you are trying to bridge the gap between the way that you are used to eating and being on a ketogenic diet.
These keto bombs have the classic cheesecake flavor without all the sugar that brings extra carbs, and at the same time, because they are neutral in flavor you can add other things to them just like you would with traditional cheesecake.
Some people like them plain, but others like them flavored with fruit or chocolate or whatever.
To put it in simple words…..cheesecake fat bombs are DELICIOUS!!! If you love cheesecake, then you will love our keto fat bombs.
Why Fat Bombs are Good for a Keto Diet
Fat bombs may sound like they go opposite to any other kind of diet that you have ever been on. Keto is different because by drastically reducing the carbs that you take in, you replace them with fat, which causes you to enter ketosis and burn fat for fuel.
A ketogenic diet’s macros are about 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbs, so by this, you can see how valuable and satisfying fat bombs will be to your way of eating.
Fat bombs help control your appetite and sugar cravings and give you some well-needed energy from the fat instead of using sugar to boost energy.
How Many Carbs are in Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
These cheesecake fat bombs are low in carbs which makes them a good choice for several diet plans.
For each 1” fat bomb there are only 0.6 NET Carbs each. If you use a 2” scoop then just double the net carbs.
How Many Can You Eat?
These cheesecake fat bombs are so delicious that you may want to eat a whole bunch of them however, you need to stay within the parameters of your keto diet. Usually eating one or two of them will help you hit your macro goals.
Plus, they are so satisfying that you will only need to eat 1 or 2 and you will be fine with that.
Can I Eat Cream Cheese on a Keto Diet?
Cream cheese is definitely one of the keto-approved foods, and thank goodness because there are so many yummy foods with cream cheese, and these fat bombs are one of them!!
When you use cream cheese in your fat bombs it can not only reduce your appetite but also help to keep sugar cravings down. And when you add fats to your diet it helps keep you full, satisfied and helps boost your body into making more ketones naturally.
On a keto diet, adding fats like cream cheese will help your body use fat as fuel instead of sugar, give you a boost of energy and give your brain the fats that it craves.
These tasty little keto cheesecake bombs will reduce your hunger, all due to the high level of healthy fat coming from the cream cheese.
What Ingredients are in Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs?
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese, not low fat to achieve a better taste, texture, and macros for your keto diet. Soften before using.
- Butter – Any brand of butter will work well, but make sure it is the regular, traditional butter. Don’t skip the salt in the butter, because it will be too bland. Soften before using.
- Heavy Cream – The cream adds thickness and body to the keto fat bombs and makes them creamier.
- Vanilla – A staple ingredient in most desserts that adds a nice flavorful touch.
- Sweetener – To keep it in the guidelines of being a keto/low carb food then you can’t use traditional sugar, so a substitute will work great. I personally like to use Powdered Swerve because it tastes great and converts 1-1 like regular sugar so there is no guessing game as to how much to use.
- Sour Cream – Just add 1 tablespoon to the mixture which adds just a hint of tartness to the fat bombs, similar to when you make traditional cheesecake.
What Kind of Fat is Best for Fat Bombs?
There are a lot of keto fat bomb recipes which can use several types of fats. Here are some of the best fats to use in fat bombs:
- Cream Cheese
- Coconut Oil
- Peanut Butter
Which Kind of Cream Cheese is Best for This Recipe?
Since you want to benefit from the fat in these keto fat bombs, the best type of cream cheese to use for them is a full-fat one, not a low-fat version.
You can certainly use any brand that you want to but we find that Philadelphia Cream Cheese is the best, and far superior to other brands.
It may cost a few cents more than the store brand but the taste is well worth it. If you are a smart shopper then buy them when they go on sale.
Another key way to save money is to buy a 2-pack which is cheaper than buying 2 single, individual packages. They usually have an expiration date a couple of months away so it will last a while in your refrigerator.
We tend to use powdered Swerve as our go-to sweetener for fat bombs because it dissolves better than the granular types and will leave you with a smooth and creamy fat bomb.
If you choose to use a granular sweetener then a helpful tip will be to put your sweetener in a coffee grinder to make it finer.
In order to change the variety of the keto cheesecake bombs all you have to do is add an additional ingredient to the recipe. Here are a few possibilities:
Fruit: This is a great addition to any cheesecake or in this case cheesecake fat bombs. These are the most popular fruits that are used.
- Raspberry – Fresh or frozen berries, or even no sugar jam.
- Strawberry – Frozen or fresh berries, or a no sugar jam.
- Blueberry – Fresh or frozen berries.
- Lemon – Just a tablespoon or two of lemon juice will add a tart flavor to the fat bombs.
- Key Lime – This is great for key lime pie, so why not add some key lime juice to your fat bombs.
Nut Butters: Just by adding a couple of tablespoons of any nut butters will add some protein, fat and yummy flavors to your cheesecake keto fat bombs. Here are a few ideas:
- Peanut Butter – This is the most common of all nut butters. Make sure it is sugar-free.
- Cashew Butter – Also be sure that this is sugar-free, to keep the carbs down.
- Almond Butter – This is also a common substitute for people who are allergic to peanuts.
Nuts: I love nuts in so many things, and in these cheesecake bombs nuts will make a good addition, either mixed inside the batter or placed on top. Any nuts that are your favorites will do:
Chocolate: Last but not least, this is always a flavor that makes people happy. You can add chocolate in several ways, which adds a nice touch to these keto bombs. Chocolate can be added to the mixture or placed on top as a decoration. Here are some ideas:
- Cocoa – In powder form, a little goes a long way to change the flavor and color of your cream cheese fat bombs. Just mix it inside the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Chocolate Chips – Either traditional, regular size chips or mini chips add a nice touch. They can also be stirred by hand inside the mix or placed on top as a decoration. To keep it low carb just make sure that your chocolate chips are sugar-free, like a brand called Lilly’s that has milk chocolate, semi sweet chips and dark chips.
- Make some chocolate shavings to place on the top of the fat bombs.
Can I Make These Fat Bombs Dairy-Free?
You can certainly make these fat bombs dairy-free by replacing the cream cheese and butter with coconut cream and coconut oil, but the taste will be different. They will taste more like coconut than cream cheese.
You also have to replace the heavy cream with almond milk which will not give you the same creamy texture that cream provides.
My recommendation would be to make a different type of fat bomb that doesn’t need as much changing around as our recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs which are already a yummy dairy-free treat.
How to Make Cheesecake Fat Bombs
We will walk you through the few steps needed in order to make our simple keto cream cheese dessert:
STEP 1: Mixing the Batter
It is very easy to make the keto bombs mixture.
- Soften cream cheese and butter to room temperature which will be easier to mix.
- Add all of your ingredients to a large mixing bowl, in no special order.
- Use an electric mixer and blend everything together for about 1-2 minutes, until it reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
STEP 2: Shaping the Fat Bombs
- In order to make this mixture into round fat bombs, I find the best tool to use is a scoop, either a 1” or 2” scoop is best depending on the size that you want them to be.
- Just take a scoop of the cheesecake mixture and place it one at a time in a mini muffin pan.
- If you want to add chocolate chips or blueberries, now is the time.
STEP 3: Chill the Fat Bombs
- The last step is to chill the fat bombs. You can chill them in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once the fat bombs are done, take them out and enjoy. They taste much better chilled so don’t skip this step.
FAQs and Best Tips
This is where we get to answer some of the questions that may be running through your minds, and pass along to you any helpful tips that we have found along the way in order to be helpful to you in making this recipe a success.
- Use full-fat cream cheese, and NOT low fat.
- Soften the cream cheese and butter before using so that they will be easier to work with.
- If you don’t have an electric mixer, then feel free to use your food processor.
- If you do not have powdered sweetener, and you only have a granular one, then add it to a coffee grinder and it will turn to a powder.
- If you put fruit in your cheesecake fat bombs, puree it first in a blender or food processor. That way it will be easier to mix with your other ingredients.
- Keep your un-eaten fat bombs in the freezer for up to 3 months, as long as you store them in airtight containers.
- Whether you store the fat bombs in the freezer or the refrigerator, they are much more satisfying when you eat them cold. Do not let them come to room temperature.
How to Get Rid of the Coconut Taste
If you choose to use coconut oil in this recipe instead of butter you may end up with a coconut taste, so the best way to avoid this is to use refined coconut oil, which is flavorless.
If you use virgin or unrefined coconut oil, it will give the fat bombs a very strong coconut flavor. In our experience, it is overpowering to any recipe that we use it in and leaves everything tasting like coconut.
So if you want your fat bombs to taste like something else besides coconut then please use the refined one.
How to Store
It is so easy to store your cream cheese fat bombs. Just keep them in the refrigerator, in an airtight container and they will last for about a week.
This makes it really easy to grab one or two to satisfy your hunger or cravings. If you are not going to eat them in a few days then follow the instructions for freezing them.
Can You Freeze Cheesecake Bombs?
You can certainly freeze your fat bombs with cream cheese which will come in handy if you make up a batch and you know that you won’t be able to eat them all within a week.
Place the keto bombs in an airtight container and then as double protection also store the container in a Ziploc bag. You can still have full access to pulling one or two of them out of the freezer this way.
They can make good little bite-size frozen desserts, or you can even take out a few and thaw them out slowly in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Freeze them for up to 3 months if wrapped tightly. This comes in especially handy if you make a few different flavors ahead of time and that way you will have a variety.
Tools to Use
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1” or 2” scoop
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
Best Molds to Make Fat Bombs
What’s nice is you don’t have to go out and buy any special molds. We find that the best mold to use to make fat bombs is a mini muffin pan.
You can even refrigerate or freeze the fat bombs right in the pan, as long as you wrap them up good to stay fresh.
Other Diets This Recipe is Good For
- Keto/low carb – These fat bombs are a real good staple to help you stick to your fat intake required in this diet plan.
- Sugar-free – This is another winning recipe that can be made with a sugar substitute instead of sugar.
- Gluten-free – There is no gluten in this recipe.
- Nut-free – There are no nuts or nut products in these fat bombs unless you want to decorate them with nuts on top or unless you add nut butter to them.
Other Low Carb Dessert Recipes
If you’re in the mood for some other Keto-friendly Desserts, check out our:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Keto Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Keto Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Keto Cheesecake
- Keto No Bake Cheesecake
All of them are Keto-friendly and low carb, and will have your friends raving!Print
This is a recipe for keto cheesecake fat bombs which are very simple and easy to make and they only take a few minutes to prepare. If you are on keto then fat bombs are a must. They store very well in the refrigerator and the freezer, so when you get a craving then just pop out 1 or 2 which will keep you on track with your diet. They are good for breakfast, snacks, and dessert and if you like our chocolate peanut butter ones you will also love these.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp powdered Swerve
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- The first step is to take the butter and cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften up which will make mixing the ingredients so much easier.
- Take all of your ingredients and add them all to a large mixing bowl in no special order.
- With your electric mixer, blend all of the ingredients together for about 1-2 minutes, until it reaches a smooth and creamy texture.
- Next, get your 1” or 2” scoop and place each fat bomb in your mini muffin tin. There is no need to grease or line the pan because they will not stick because of the fat content in the keto bombs. Fill each hole with one fat bomb until pan is completed. If you want to add chocolate chips or blueberries, now is the time.
- Chill the fat bombs in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before eating, or in the freezer for 1 hour because they taste better chilled.
0.6 NET CARBS PER CHEESECAKE BOMB (1” SCOOP)
You can use a 1” or 2” scoop to form the cheesecake fat bombs.
Use a mini muffin tin to hold the fat bombs while chilling them in the refrigerator.
You can use paper liners for the muffin pan but you certainly don’t have to because there is enough fat in the fat bomb mixture so that they won’t stick.
If you don’t have a mini muffin pan then stick your fat bomb mixture in the fridge for 1-2 hours, until it sets up enough to roll it into small balls, then you just have to place the balls on a plate or cookie sheet back into the refrigerator.
Storing: Once you make your keto fat bombs then stick them in the refrigerator to chill up. Store them in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just make sure that you cover them well or transfer them into an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Freezing: If you are not going to eat the whole batch of fat bombs in a week, then do not waste them. Wrap them properly and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cheesecake Fat Bombs, Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs, Cream Cheese Fat Bombs, Keto Fat Bombs, Keto Bombs, Keto Fat Bombs with Cream Cheese, Easy Keto Fat Bombs, Fat Bombs with Cream Cheese, Keto Cheesecake Bombs, Keto Desserts with Cream Cheese, Keto Desserts