These Keto Onion Rings are one of my favorite low carb recipes to share with you because who doesn’t love onion rings? They are easy to make and delicious to eat, crispy and very flavorful.
They can be cooked in various ways in which you can try and see which way that you like the best.
- 2 large sweet Onions
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Light Olive Oil
- Slice your onions to your desired thickness and then separate the rings. Put the small pieces aside to use in another recipe. They will cook more evenly if all the onions are close to being the same size.
- In a bowl beat your eggs.
- In another bowl mix your flours, cheese, and spices.
- Coat your onions in egg, then in flour, then in the egg a 2nd time and in your flour mixture a 2nd time. This will assure the flour to hold onto the onions better while cooking.
- First heat up the oil and place one onion ring in the oil to test it out before cooking the rest. This will assure that the oil is hot enough to crisp your onions but not too hot to burn them.
- Fry in your oil at 285 degrees, for only about 1 minute on each side.
- Gently remove the rings from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- 1.9 NET CARBS PER ONION RING
- When you slice your onions, make them about ¼ inch in thickness.
- Put aside the small rings and use the medium and large rings. Use the small ones for something else that you may be making that day or the next day, so they will not go to waste.
- You could either put your spices in the beaten egg or in the flour, whichever you prefer. I have done it both ways.
- When you cut an onion try to do it in as evenly as possible to get the most uniform in size slices out of your onion. In other words, try not to cut it and end up with some paper-thin slices and some real thick slices or they won’t cook evenly.
- When you are frying your Keto Onion Rings place them in the oil when the oil has reached the proper temperature. That way they will cook evenly and be crispy too. The last thing you want is to have soggy onion rings or burnt onion rings.
- If you are not opposed to using animal fat, sometimes I add a couple of tablespoons of bacon grease to my olive oil to make my onion rings a little crispier.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Onion Rings, Keto Onion Rings Recipe, Low Carb Onion Rings, Low Carb Onion Rings Recipe, How to Make Low Carb Onion Rings, How to Make Keto Onion Rings, The Best Keto Onion Rings, Easy Low Carb Onion Rings, Crispy Keto Onion Rings, Perfect Keto Onion Rings, The Best Onion Rings Recipe