This is an easy recipe showing how to make and cook cauliflower rice. This versatile veggie is a great low carb substitute for rice, and can be added to many delicious foods and recipes.
- 1 large head of Cauliflower which yields about 8 cups of rice
- ½ cup Olive oil or Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- There are several ways to cut the cauliflower into rice, in a food processor, with a box grater, and with a knife. The best and easiest way is with a food processor.
- After washing your head of cauliflower Cut it in half, then in quarters. By doing this, it will make it easier to separate it into small florets.
- Use the grater blade and the feed tube on the processor and you are now ready to rice the cauliflower.
- Feed the cauliflower thru the feed tube.
- Another way to rice the cauliflower in a food processor is to fill the bowl half way and use the chopper blade and pulse the processor until the cauliflower florets turn into rice size pieces.
- Once you’ve riced the cauliflower, let’s look at how to cook the rice.
Cooking Cauliflower Rice
- Cooking cauliflower rice on the stove is my preferred way.
- Pour your olive oil into the nonstick frying pan and heat on medium-high.
- Put the riced cauliflower in the frying pan.
- As it starts to cook, stir it several times to allow the rice to cook evenly. Your goal is to make it al dente so do not overcook it.
- When it is done then garnish with some fresh parsley. Also, salt and pepper if you so choose to.
1.6 NET Carbs
If you cut the florets into uniform pieces before making it into riced cauliflower it will help to make it easier to make it resemble rice.
If you are using a food processor then you will have to make the pieces small enough to fit in the shute. If you overfill it your processor will get jammed easily.
If you are using a large head of cauliflower in your food processor it may not all fit into the bowl at once so you may have to empty it into another bowl in order to rice the rest. If you overfill the food processor it can cause the pieces to get stuck and likewise you will not get the proper size rice.
Use more florets instead of stems in order to get more uniform size pieces of rice.
You can use the stems but it will change the flavor of the rice just a little.
When you fry the cauliflower do not put a lid on it or else it will get soggy. If it gets soggy then it tastes more like cauliflower instead of rice.
Your goal is to make the cauliflower rice al dente so do not overcook. Keep stirring.
If you plan on putting the rice into a casserole such as fried rice or stuffed peppers, cook the rice first in order to get the water out because you don’t want the peppers to come out soggy.
If you put the riced cauliflower into the soup then also cook it ahead and add it once the soup is done so that it does not get overcooked, just like you would do if you were adding real rice.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cauliflower Rice, Riced Cauliflower, How to Make Cauliflower Rice, How to Cook Cauliflower Rice, Cauliflower Rice Recipe, How to Rice Cauliflower, How to Make Riced Cauliflower, How to Cook Riced Cauliflower, Best Cauliflower Rice, Easy Cauliflower Rice