Delicious homemade Gluten-Free Keto Mozzarella Sticks that you can make at a moment’s notice that everyone will love!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese – cut into 12 sticks
- Cut your 8 oz mozzarella block into 12 sticks.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs with 2 tbsp heavy cream.
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all the ingredients together.
- Dredge the mozzarella sticks into the egg mixture, then coat in the flour mixture.
- Apply another coat of egg mixture, then flour mixture. Coating each stick 2 times is key.
- Place mozzarella sticks onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for at least an hour.
- In a frying pan or a small saucepan add oil and turn onto medium-high heat. Add mozzarella sticks in batches of 3-5 sticks at a time. Cook for about 2-3 minutes turning over once or twice until they are golden brown.
1.4 NET CARBS PER MOZZARELLA STICK
You can use string cheese instead of a block of mozzarella
Ways to cook them include pan-frying, baking, and air frying
Double breading the mozzarella sticks is key, don’t skip this step
Freezing them before frying them is also very important, it will help prevent the cheese from melting through
If frying, don’t get the oil too high otherwise they will burn without the cheese melting inside.
Mozzarella sticks can be made ahead of time and frozen, make sure to freeze before cooking.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto Mozzarella Sticks, Keto Mozzarella Sticks Recipe, Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks, Almond Flour Mozzarella Sticks, Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks Recipe, How to Make Mozzarella Sticks, Keto Cheese Sticks, Low Carb Mozzarella Sticks, How to Make Keto Mozzarella Sticks