This Keto Fried Zucchini recipe has become one of my favorite appetizers. Very easy to make and they have that great crispy taste!
- 2 cups sliced Zucchini (which is about 2 small zucchinis)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 5 oz Pork Rinds
- 8 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Olive Oil for frying
- The first thing to do is to wash your zucchini and dry it with paper towels.
- Use a cutting board and knife and slice the zucchini in the shape and size that you choose.
- Put your eggs in a bowl and beat with a fork until well blended.
- Put your pork rinds in a food processor and grind up so that you will be able to mix them with your flour.
- In another bowl, mix together your other ingredients….Almond flour, parmesan, pork rinds, and spices. Mix until well blended.
- Now it’s time to take your squash and dip the slices into egg and then dip them into the almond flour mixture, and then repeat the same process twice. Place them all on a plate.
- Pour your olive oil or any other oil of your choice into your frying pan.
- When your oil is heated, to 350-400 degrees, then start to place your zucchini into the oil, making sure to have enough oil to completely cover your pieces of squash.
- With tongs, you can flip them over to see if they are browned on both sides, and then remove when done.
- Drain your zucchini on paper towels and then put them on a plate and serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
Make sure that after you wash your zucchini you thoroughly dry it or else if it’s wet then your egg will not stick so well.
One tip that is helpful is to use 3 bowls to coat your squash, one for the egg and 2 for the breadcrumbs and when coating them use one hand for dipping in the egg and the other hand for dipping in the flour mixture. This way it will keep your breadcrumbs dryer and you won’t have to throw them out so quickly for getting wet and clumpy.
If you run out of flour mixture while coating them you can always make up a small batch to add to what you already have made.
Make sure that when frying your zucchini to preheat the oil first to 350-400 degrees before putting the zucchini in the oil so that it will be crispier. If you don’t it will come out mushy or soggy and not crispy.
If you cook them in the oven flip them over halfway through cooking them to make sure both sides get crispy.
By draining your Fried Zucchini on paper towels, the excess oil will drain off and therefore make your zucchini crispier.
No matter which way you cook your zucchini make sure to space them out so that they are not overlapping each other for better crispy results.
To keep oven-fried Keto Zucchini warm set the oven to 200 degrees and place the cooked zucchini on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet to catch the drips. By elevating them they won’t become soggy and should stay crispy.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Ket Fried Zucchini, low carb Fried Zucchini, Keto Fried Zucchini Recipe, Low Carb Fried Zucchini Recipe, How to Make Fried Zucchini, How to Make Keto Fried Zucchini, How to Make Low Carb Fried Zucchini, Best Fried Zucchini, Best Keto Fried Zucchini, Easy Keto Fried Zucchini, Best Low Carb Fried Zucchini