This recipe for Keto/Low Carb Fried Eggplant is easy to make and can be cooked several ways. Made with Almond Flour they are crispy and delicious to eat without a lot of carbs.
- 2 small Eggplant
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Pork Rinds
- 8 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil for frying
- The first thing for you to do is wash your eggplant and dry it well with paper towels.
- Slice your eggplant in the size that you desire.
- Put your eggs in a bowl and blend it well with a fork.
- Next grind up your pork rinds in a food processor and grind them up.
- In a bowl, mix together well almond flour, pork rinds, parmesan and spices.
- Now take your sliced eggplant and dip them into the egg, then your flour mixture and then repeat the process twice.
- Pour your oil of choice into your fry pan.
- When your oil is heated to 350 degrees start placing your eggplant into the oil. Make sure you cover your eggplant completely with oil.
- Use a pair of tongs to flip them over to make sure they are browning on both sides and then remove when done.
- Drain your eggplant on paper towels. Serve with your favorite sauce.
1.3 NET CARBS PER PIECE
One tip that will be helpful to you is to use 3 bowls to coat your eggplant, 1 bowl for the egg and 2 bowls for the flour mixture. This way it will keep your breadcrumbs from getting wet and soggy and then you won’t have to throw them out so much.
If you dip the eggplant in the egg with one hand and dip the eggplant into the breadcrumbs with the other hand it will also make your coating process easier.
Preheat your oil to 350 degrees before you put your eggplant in so that it will cook up crispier. If the oil is not heated up the eggplant will just sit there and get soggy.
If you cook the eggplant in the oven make sure to flip them over halfway through to make sure that they crisp on both sides.
Make sure if you cook them in the oven or in the air fryer not to overlap them or they will not cook evenly.
By draining the Fried Eggplant on paper towels the excess oil will be absorbed and therefore your eggplant will become crispier.
If you want to keep your Keto Fried Eggplant warm after cooking, put them in the oven at 200 degrees and place your eggplant on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet so that it will catch the drippings of oil. By elevating them they won’t be soggy…they will stay crispy.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Keto Fried Eggplant, Low Carb Fried Eggplant, Keto Fried Eggplant Recipe, Low Carb Fried Eggplant Recipe, How to Make Fried Eggplant, How to Make Keto Fried Eggplant, Best Keto Fried Eggplant, Easy Keto Fried Eggplant