This is a delicious and easy to make side dish recipe for Keto Fried Cabbage. It’s one of those recipes that your family and friends will love and not even realize that it’s a low carb side dish. Just add some onions and of course the very best meat, bacon, which is everyone’s favorite, and you will be making it for years to come!!
- 1 pound Bacon, 16 slices
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 8 cups Cabbage, raw
- 5 Tbsp Bacon Grease
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Pull off any dead and wilted leaves that are on the outside of the cabbage.
- Rinse off the cabbage under cold water and then dry it off as best as you can with a paper towel, but it doesn’t have to be really dry.
- Get a large cutting board and a large sharp knife. Anchor down your cutting board so that it won’t slide around the counter while you are trying to cut the cabbage.
- Hold the cabbage on one side with one hand and cut off the bottom core.
- Turn the cabbage and cut it lengthwise from top to bottom. Next cut the halves into halves so that you end up with quarters.
- Next cut out the resort of the core that is still in the cabbage. Now you are ready to cut it up.
- Hold the top of the quartered piece with one hand and start to cut across the piece from the bottom to the top in ½-1 inch strips. Repeat until all of the cabbage is cut.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan. Once it’s cooked take it out of the pan and drain it on some paper towels.
- When it’s cooled off enough to handle, then break it into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain out of the pan about half of the grease and reserve it in case you need to use it later on.
- Chop up the onion and start to saute it.
- While the onion is starting to saute, now it’s time to add the cabbage, blending it with the onions. If it is sticking to the pan then just add a little more bacon grease.
- Don’t overcook the cabbage or else it will be soggy. Just cook it for around 5 minutes until it is al dente. Add salt and pepper.
- Now add the pieces of bacon and blend it all together.
2.6 NET CARBS Per Serving
When you cut your cabbage make sure to anchor down your cutting board so that it doesn’t move on the counter when you are trying to cut it.
Try to cut the cabbage in the same size pieces so that they cook more evenly.
Do not overcook your keto cabbage side dish.
You can use whatever form of grease that you want to use in this low carb fried cabbage recipe, bacon grease, olive oil, butter…etc.
To make the fried cabbage and bacon sweet and sour, just add some vinegar and swerve brown sugar.
When you add different meats to the cabbage it takes on a different flavor. For instance, you can try sausage, kielbasa, ham, corned beef.
The same is true when you change your spices, like garlic powder, onion powder, cajun, creole, red pepper…just to name a few.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto Fried Cabbage, Keto Cabbage and Bacon, Low Carb Fried Cabbage, Keto Cabbage Side Dish, Keto Fried Cabbage and Bacon, Keto Cabbage Recipe, Bacon and Cabbage, Fried Cabbage and Bacon, Keto Fried Cabbage Recipe, Cabbage and Bacon, Keto Fried Cabbage Recipe, Best Keto Cabbage, Best Keto Fried Cabbage, Easy Keto Fried Cabbage, Easy Keto Cabbage Recipes