This is easily the Best Low Carb Tortilla Recipe and is what you have been waiting for! Our keto tortillas are gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and are only made with a handful of ingredients. Coming in at only 2.6 net carbs per tortilla they are a nice healthy alternative and they make the best tacos!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- In a food processor add the almond flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, egg, and water. Blend the ingredients until a ball of dough forms.
- Remove the dough and gently work it with your hands and form it into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- After 15-30 minutes unwrap the ball and cut it into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- Roll each piece into a small round ball and set them aside.
- Place one of the balls of dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, you want it to be at least 6-inches in diameter.
- Carefully peel back the top piece of parchment paper.
- Press the 6-inch cutter directly into the center of the dough.
- Take the excess dough and put it aside, be sure to save it.
- Very gently pick up the tortilla and move it to another piece of parchment paper.
- Repeat these steps with the rest of the tortillas.
- Gather the excess dough, roll into a ball and make a 5th keto tortilla.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat. You do NOT need butter or oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the tortilla to the pan. In about 30 seconds the tortilla will turn from yellow to white, flip it over and cook for 5 seconds.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat until all the keto tortillas are cooked.
2.6 NET CARBS PER TORTILLA
For 1 batch use a mini food processor.
For a double batch use a large food processor.
Xanthan Gum is a must-have ingredient for getting the right bendable texture.
Low carb tortillas are great made the day before and stored in the fridge for meal prepping.
To Store: Leftover low carb tortillas should be stored in the fridge. I always recommend putting parchment paper in between the tortillas to prevent them from sticking. Place the almond flour tortillas on a plate and cover them with plastic wrap, or place them into a large Ziploc bag and transfer them to the fridge.
To reheat: Place them in the microwave for 15 seconds or reheat them in a pan for a minute on medium heat.
To Freeze: Freeze the leftover almond flour tortillas in a Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To Thaw: Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge overnight.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Low Carb Tortillas, Keto Tortillas, Almond Flour Tortillas, Keto Tortilla, Keto Tortilla Recipe, Keto Tortillas Recipe, Keto-Friendly Tortillas, Low Carb Tortilla, Low Carb Tortilla Recipe, Low Carb Tortillas Recipe, Almond Flour Tortilla Recipe, Almond Flour Tortillas Recipe, Best Keto Tortillas, Best Low Carb Tortillas, Carb Free Tortillas, Gluten-Free Tortillas, Homemade Almond Flour Tortillas, No Carb Tortillas, Grain-Free Tortillas, Easy Keto Tortillas, Best Keto Tortillas, Easy Low Carb Tortillas, Easy Homemade Tortillas