Keto Zucchini Fritters are very easy and quick to make along with very delicious to eat. They are made from only a few simple ingredients, and I love to eat them as a snack, an appetizer and a main meal. They will be a hit with your friends and family, they won’t even be able to tell that they are low carb!! The best zucchini fritters you will taste!!
- 5 small zucchini squash
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup scallions
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
Shredding the Zucchini
- Wash and dry off the zucchini. Cut off the ends.
- Hold the box grater on top of a large cutting board and with one hand on the grater and the other hand on the squash, run it up and down on the grater until it all gets shredded.
- Remove it from the board and put it in the colander and continue the same shredding process until all of the squash has been shredded.
- The next step is the most important one and it is to squeeze out all of the water. Take small amounts at one time and by using a piece of cheese cloth, paper towels, or coffee filters squeeze out all of the water with all of your strength. When you think you got all of the water out, then get a clean piece of cloth or towel and squeeze it again,
- Once all of the squash is double squeezed then you can start adding the other ingredients to it.
- Add the eggs, almond flour, pepper, salt, paprika and scallions.
- Mix together with a large spoon or with your hands until all of the ingredients are blended well.
Frying the Zucchini Fritters
- The first step in frying the Keto zucchini fritters is to get a non-stick frying pan and add some oil to the pan….not too much so that the fritters won’t become soggy.
- Form your mixture into patties. There are 2 ways to make the patties, one is to form them into patties before hand and lay them out on a piece of parchment paper so they will be easy to transfer into the pan. The other way is to form them into loose balls and put them in the pan and while in the pan proceed to flatten them out.
- Now brown up the patties on one side, then flip them and brown on the other side, about 5-7 minutes on each side on medium-medium high heat.
- Remove from the pan and place the fritters on some paper towels to drain.
2 NET Carbs per Fritter
The most important step in this recipe is to squeeze out all of the water out of the shredded zucchini. When you think that you have gotten out all of the water then squeeze it again. The dryer, the better for making zucchini fritters.
Use cheese cloth, paper towels, or coffee filters to strain the water out of the zucchini.
It’s easier to wring the water out of the squash if you do it in small batches.
Use almond flour, which is fine, and not almond meal, which is more coarse for the fritters.
Shred the zucchini thin, which will hold the fritter together better, instead of coarse shreds which will not hold the fritter as tight together.
When you fry your fritters don’t use too much oil because if they are submerged in oil they will get soggy.
Use a thin spatula for flipping the fritters over because it will be easier to get underneath to flip them better.
Using a non stick frying pan is the best kind to use.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Frying
Keywords: Keto Zucchini Fritters, Keto Zucchini Fritter Recipe, Low Carb Zucchini Fritters, Keto Zucchini Pancakes, Zucchini Fritters, Keto Zucchini Patties, Keto Zucchini Cakes, Zucchini Fritters without flour, Keto Fritters, no flour zucchini fritters, healthy zucchini fritter, Best Keto Zucchini Fritters, Easy Keto Zucchini Fritters