This is the best Zucchini Noodles recipe. If you have heard of zoodles then you know that they are made from zucchini cut into different shapes like noodles or spaghetti etc and can be eaten as a substitute for pasta. Zoodles are easy to make and delicious to eat and can be eaten as a healthy side dish or as a main meal, by itself or mixed with different foods.
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
Toppings and Sauce Suggestions:
- Pesto Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Garlic and Olive Oil
Turning Zucchini into Noodles:
- The First step in making zucchini noodles is to wash the zucchini.
- Next cut off the ends. Now you are ready to make the zoodles.
- Choose which method you will be using to make the zucchini noodles.
- If you want to make the very popular long curly spaghetti shaped noodles the best tool to use is the countertop spiralizer. Just clamp it down and secure the zucchini on the spiralizer and turn the handle to make the zoodles.
- If you want straight angel hair noodles you could use a julienne peeler by holding onto the zucchini with one hand and then pull the peeler to make the strips.
- To make fettuccine noodles you can use the mandoline along with a knife to make thinly sliced planks and then cut the planks to resemble fettuccine.
- If you like pappardelle noodles or lasagna noodles you could use a peeler to peel thin strips of your zucchini.
- Brush the baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Spread the zucchini noodles on the tray in a single layer so that they do not get mushy when piled up in several layers. If they all don’t fit on one tray then you can do them in separate batches.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Take out of the oven and mix with your favorite sauce…etc.
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- Heat up the pan.
- Once the pan is heated then throw in your zucchini noodles and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Do not cover the pan.
- Take them out of the pan when they are al dente and cover with your favorite sauce.
2.5 NET Carbs per Cup
One important thing to keep in mind when picking out zucchini is to buy them with the stem still attached if you can because it will last longer in case you don’t use them right away.
Look for smooth zucchini that don’t have cuts and blemishes. You don’t want to pay for something that is already on its way out before you have a chance to use it.
Buy small zucchini because they will have small and fewer seeds and will not be too watery. When they are really large they do not make good zoodles because there are too many seeds, large ones, the skin is too hard/tough and they are very watery.
Be careful when you use the mandoline because the blades are very sharp and you can easily cut your finger or your hand.
Do not overcook the zucchini noodles because al dente is the desired goal.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Zucchini Noodles, Zucchini Noodles Recipe, Zoodles, Zoodles recipe, How to make Zucchini Noodles, How to Cook Zucchini Noodles, making Zucchini Noodles, Cooking Zucchini Noodles, Making Zoodles, How to Make Zoodles, How to Cook Zoodles, Best Zucchini Noodles Recipe, Easy Zucchini Noodles, Best Zoodles